Chapter Five

The nightly air is cold, leading Minho to puff out clouds of hot air as he makes his way home from work. He likes his work, not gonna lie. He loves working with small kids now and then, but sometimes they just go on his nerves.

And to think of all the assignments he has to finish by Friday…

He drags himself up to the fourth floor and to his room, unlocking the dorm only to be met with silence and darkness. He scrunches his nose up as he drops his keys on the table, turning on the light.

Jisung was already gone this morning as well. All he knows, Jisungs classes should have only been around noon. Maybe it was an emergency at home?

Minho shakes his head a little at his own tendency to overthink. Jisung is an adult, able to care for himself. He’ll come back to the dorm when he's finished with his business.

He goes on to fix himself some instant noodles before sitting down at his desk, drowning himself in the upcoming assignments.

---

The slam of a door rips Minho from his…sleep. Shit, he shouldn’t have fallen asleep. Ruffling a hand through his hair he tries to refocus his eyes, really wanting to be able to read the time on his laptop.

“Minho?” A soft voice suddenly calls out and Minho falls out of his chair while trying to turn towards the source. He groans under his breath, hearing Jisung curse somewhere close by, a cold sensation running through his body.

“Minho?” Jisung asks again and Minho hums, seeing no point in removing himself from the floor.

“Are you okay?”

“Where have you been?” Minho asks back, being muffled by the carpet. When blinking he can slowly make out Jisungs figure kneeling next to him on the ground.

“I uh- just, visiting someone.”

“Ah.”

“Sorry for not telling you. But- you still shouldn’t have stayed up until five am on a Monday…”

Minho just hums, closing his eyes, “I was worried someone kidnapped you.”

Jisung chuckles quietly, “Well, thanks for worrying, but I promise that nobodies gonna kidnap me.”

“How would you know?”

He can see Jisung shrug half-heartedly with a small smile, “I’m a magician, you know?”

Minho looks at him. For a second it is quiet until Minho breaks out laughing, rolling on his back to find a more comfortable position.

Jisung softly joins in, but he mostly just watches the older in concern, waiting for him to calm down. “Minho?”

“Yeah?” Minho heaves, chest rising and falling.

“Please go to sleep. Your classes start late tomorrow, too.”

Minho turns on his side, looking up at Jisung with half lidded eyes and a tiny tired smirk. “Are you worried about me?”

“What if I am? Will you go to bed, then?”

“Help me get up.”

Jisung rolls his eyes and reaches out for him, but freezes when his hands nearly reach Minho's sweater. He then pulls back and gets up, “you’re old enough to do it yourself.”

Minho pouts, watching Jisung retread to his side of the room. “Fine.”

He needs a while and a dozen groans and complaints  until he manages to heave himself to bed, nearly being out the moment his head hits the pillow.

Only a soft whisper reaches his ear, not even being processed anymore, from the other side of the room.

“I am so sorry, Minho.”

Jisung calmly sat down on his bed, looking over at the older boy sleeping on the other side of the room. He’ll have to tell him one day. Gosh, how could this even happen? Why is it that he was fine until that guy showed up?

He gets up, only to sit down at his desk. The scrapping of his pen is the only sound echoing through the dark room. Occasionally, the rustling of bedsheets replaces the scrapping pen when Minho turns in his sleep.

But Jisung keeps on writing, rewriting and editing the letter he tries to produce. He wants to include every small detail in case something like today happens again. Even if it might confuse Minho at first, he should know. They are friends, somehow, so he deserves to know.

Just in case.

Jisung manages to find an envelope somewhere in his desk, stuffing the letter inside before struggling once again.

What should one write on a letter that is only supposed to be opened in a certain moment from a specific person, while also making sure nobody else reads it?

To Minho. Only open when I have been gone for multiple days without telling you where I am. Sorry. Please don’t hate me.
P.S. I promise I didn’t kill anybody

W: 790