True Good End

Disclaimer: Ib does not belong to me, neither do I own the picture I uploaded or the cover background. Only the contents of this story are mine, except for a few quoted lines that may or may not exist in this story. Enjoy!
☆〜(ゝ。∂)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hurry, Garry!" I shouted as we ran down the hallway, panting.

"Yes, yes. I'm coming, Ib!" He said, almost stumbling.

I stopped at the door, seeing that it was covered in large, yellow roses and huge vines. I stared at it, dumbfounded, as Garry arrived next to me, panting like crazy. He looked up and looked like he fainted when he saw the vines covering the doorway. I walked up to it and touched it, trying not to touch the giant thorns which were pretty easy to avoid touching, since they were so huge.

"It's not stone! We can burn it, Garry!" I said, smiling and jumping up and down like a hyper-active child, of course, after removing my hand first.

"Oh, thank god for that." He said, taking out his tiny lighter.

He set the vines on fire and stepped back as far as the wall, pushing me softly against the wall. The vines burned pretty quickly but the fire was large, considering the size of the vines and roses, so the heat was unbearable, even if only for a few seconds. The doorway steamed slightly and we walked through, slowly, trying to avoid the sides, as they melted from the heat. When we got through the doorway we ran to the center of the room, looking around. My eyes landed on a shattered painting right at the back of the room on the wall facing us. The remains of Mary's painting, Guertena's last work. We heard panting and looked to the doorway as Mary ran into the room, holding her palette knife, which was stained with dried red paint. I was so thankful for the mannequins' blood being red paint instead of real blood.

"Garry, Ib. So you managed to survive. How did you get in here?" She said, taking a step forward.

"Mary, do-" I tried to say.

"How did you get in? Leave!" Mary said, her voice getting louder every second as she approached in slow but loud steps.

"Mar-" Garry called out.

"Leave! Now!" She shouted.

"Bu-" I tried again.

"I said... Leave." She whispered in a rasp voice.

"NOW! LEAVE!" She screamed, stomping her foot.

The ground around Mary cracked, revealing the blood red area below it, leading to who knows where. Garry grabbed my hand, running to Mary's painting behind us as he took out his lighter, which he had kept in his pocket, as Mary chased us. He lit it and held it just below the picture frame.

"STOP! DON'T DO THAT!" She screamed, her eyes widening, showing genuine fear and sorrow as she stepped forward a bit more. Why didn't I realise that earlier?! I screamed in my mind. Of course she would be sad and afraid, being stuck in this nightmare of a museum. Especially since she has emotions!

"Don't come any closer!" Garry warned. I need to stop him!

"No! Don't!" She said, taking a step forward.