Chapter 12: An Attack

NARRATOR POV:

Zakari led his forces through the dense mist, their steps silent and deliberate as they approached the castle.

The towering stone structure loomed ahead, its broken turrets casting eerie shadows in the moonlight. Zakari signaled for the platoon to halt just outside the castle's perimeter, their energies concealed to avoid detection.

The soldiers spread out, finding cover among the dense vegetation and ruined outbuildings. Zakari's gaze swept over the castle's walls, noting the guard patrols and the dim glow of torches.

He knew they needed to be patient, to wait until the castle's occupants were at their most vulnerable—when the night was deepest, and sleep had taken hold.

The lieutenant, Dacien, a skilled mage with control over aetheric energy, stood at Zakari's side. Next to him was Aceria, a towering muscular man known for his strength and brute force, together, they were tasked with breaching the castle's gates to give the platoon access to the interior.

Zakari checked his watch, counting down the minutes until the optimal time to strike.

The night was growing colder, the wind rustling through the overgrown vegetation.

The guards patrolled lazily along the castle walls, unaware of the forces gathering just beyond their sight.

Finally, Zakari gave the signal. Dacien and Aceria stepped forward, their hands glowing with energy as they began to conjure the aether blast.

Dacien's focus was intense, his fingers weaving intricate patterns as he concentrated on gathering the energy.

Aceria, with his sheer strength, provided the raw power needed to amplify the blast.

The aetheric energy swirled around them, forming a vortex of light and shadow.

Dacien's eyes glowed as he channeled the energy, directing it toward the castle's gates. Aceria's muscles tensed as he added his own force, the ground beneath them vibrating with the growing intensity of the blast.

With a final burst of power, Dacien and Aceria released the aether blast, sending a massive beam of energy toward the castle gates.

The explosion was deafening, a burst of light and sound that echoed through the night. 

The gates shattered, debris flying in all directions as the blast tore through the ancient stone.

The alarm bells began to ring, and the guards on the walls shouted in surprise and confusion. 

Zakari's forces moved quickly, their weapons drawn and their aether energy concealed, they rushed toward the breached gates.

The guards scrambled to respond, but the suddenness of the attack had caught them off guard.

Zakari led the charge, his sword glowing with aether energy as he pushed through the debris and into the castle courtyard.

The platoon spread out, securing the area and engaging with the guards who had been roused by the blast. 

The element of surprise was crucial, and Zakari's forces moved with precision, their training evident in their swift and coordinated actions.

The breach had been successful, and now the real battle would begin.

Zakari's forces were inside the castle, and they were determined to find and capture the otherworlder responsible for the chaos that had led them here.

The night was far from over, and the echoes of the explosion were a signal that the mission had begun in earnest.

____