020🥀

"What's the rush, Alice?" Evelyn was talking on the phone while packing her bag

"What's the rush, Alice?" Evelyn was talking on the phone while packing her bag. "Come to Italy on the next flight, I'll pick up Bella and we'll be on the plane." Alice explained and Elliot arrived in the doorway expressionlessly leaning against the wall.

"When I see that idiot I'll kill him myself." Evelyn said and hung up the phone looking at her brother. "Is he at home?" She asked taking her bag and started walking down the hall. "No, but I left the note on the table, he'll see it when he gets home." Elliot explained and they looked at each other before stepping out.

Evelyn has traveled the world a lot over the years before settling down, but she has never been to Volterra. After meeting Carlisle, he has told about the Volturi he used to be with and that they run the vampire laws. They drink human blood and cannot bear the thought of animal blood.

Evelyn and Elliot, they both have red eyes but Carlisle has been trying to convert them to animal blood and they have tried. However, he soon found them drinking from humans in an alley outside Forks.

They spent the whole high school days using contact lenses in their eyes.

Evelyn has heard about Aro who can read another's thoughts by touch, Marcus who can sense relationships and then there are the twins. One causes pain with her gaze and the other takes away the senses and about the rest of the Volturi guards, but she hasn't asked any more, she doesn't know the names of anyone other than the Volturi "kings."

________

Evelyn and Elliot were standing in the street waiting for Alice. Both of them were dressed in covering clothes because the sun was shining very often in Italy. "I still don't like the idea." Elliot spoke breaking the silence and Evelyn turned her head. "I mean I never liked that human." He continued and Evelyn hummed a little out loud.

"Rosalie was right from the start that we were going to be in trouble, and here we are standing under the Tuscan sun near Volterra." Elliot mumbled quietly, crossing his arms over his chest, looking around. "Here we are because Bella decided to jump off a cliff and Edward thinks she's dead and Alice wanted us of course because we're strong against the Volturi." He continued muttering and Evelyn stood quietly, furrowing her brows thoughtfully.

"I don't like the idea of the Volturi meeting us, but Aro must have already seen us in Edward's mind." Evelyn explained and Elliot chuckled. "When Aro hears what happened with the Romanians he will gladly want us to join them." He spoke and Evelyn turned her head to see a yellow Porsche approaching them and soon turned her head to face her brother again.

"You're right Elliot, we've been in too much trouble and war over the years." She spoke and Elliot nodded in understanding.

"It's a bit tight, but you can fit in." Alice spoke lowering her sunglasses looking at the siblings who were staring blankly at the small sport car in front of them.

The car ride was quiet and Bella tore her hair nervously. The scenery became changing to cobblestone streets as Alice sped up towards the stone buildings and castle. She suddenly gasped and Evelyn and Elliot looked up. Bella turned to look at her too. "No, he is going to reveal himself to the people in the sun." Alice said and Bella's eyes widened.

"How long do we have?" She asked and Alice looked worried. "He's waiting until the noon, when the sun will be at highest." Alice answered, pressing the gas pedal to the bottom. Evelyn slowly raised her hand to look at her watch, only to find it was almost noon.

Red robes began to appear everywhere and Alice stopped the car and turned to look at Bella. "You must hurry." She spoke and Bella unbuckled her seat belt with a questioning look. "Aren't you coming?" She asked and Alice shook her head. "You're the only one he doesn't see coming." Alice explained and Bella jumped out of the car.

"We meet you later, He'll be under the clock tower!"

Evelyn slowly got into the front seat looking at Alice who went to parking the car. "What is it?" Alice asked and Evelyn glanced at Elliot in the back seat.

But before Evelyn could say anything Alice breathed a sigh of relief. "She made it, we have to hurry." Alice said parking the car quickly and putting her sunglasses back.

"Alice." Elliot started but Alice pushed him away. "We must hurry, come on." Alice explained at a fast pace, jumping out of the car and speeding away. Evelyn sighed deeply, putting the scarf on and together with Elliot, they sped after their adopted sister.

A huge castle began to come into view and Evelyn stopped to look at the castle which looked like it was freezing. Not a single light was visible in the windows and the gloom was felt far away. Elliot stopped next to his sister, looking at the sight before him.

Evelyn slowly raised her hand to her neck and took the chain with the ring from under her shirt, she twirled the ring between her fingers while staring at the castle in front of her.

She never told anyone why the ring was important to her, only her big brother Elliot knew the meaning. That night was like yesterday and Evelyn will remember it forever. She glanced at Elliot who was already staring at her with his red eyes.

They both knew that night haunted Evelyn more than Elliot. They never talked about it to the Cullens and Edward can't read their minds.

"Where did you..." Alice quickly sped back up looking at the two who were standing still staring at the castle. "Let's go we have to hurry." She huffed and sped off again like ash into the wind.

"Alice." Elliot started by putting his hand on her shoulder. "What is it now?" Alice asked worriedly and Evelyn stepped forward with a nod.