TV Sneak Peek #5

Welcome to your favourite new show, NEAR OR FAR! Brought to life in a partnership between CBC Gem, Harlow Creative, and Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Near or Far will be streaming on CBC Gem in Canada March 29th, and on YouTube WORLDWIDE on April 6th!

Lucky for you, we have some Wattpad-exclusive episodic companion pieces that go a little bit deeper in the lives of our twin sisters, Sadie & Lauren Mustafa.

Episode 105: "The Argument"

From: Jeremy Cortland jcortland@emailmayfield.me

To: Sadie Mustafa

Subject: You Need Help

>

Okay Sadie look, I really think you're confused.

Like, I'm super happy your parents like the pasta, but like, I really can't stress enough, I didn't really do anything much, and it was ...sauce from a jar. That you had in your house.

And – not to be judgy or anything, you're all going through some stuff, but like – maybe you guys need some diversity in your pasta choices? Because if this is impressive, like – I dunno. I know you all love food but, like, maybe you're neglecting Italian. Have you even had homemade pesto?

Anyway, here's the better version of what I did at your house.

· Heat up some oil in a pan.

· Throw a bunch of cherry or grape tomatoes in and cook them for a few 'til it looks like they're gonna burst

· Grate some garlic and stir that in too. In a second they probably *will* burst.

· I like a chunkier sauce, so I would probably add some diced onion and maybe even red pepper or something.

· Then add tomato paste. Like, a couple tablespoons, or if you don't have it, that's when I added the sauce from a jar.

· If my mom were writing this she would go "splash some wine in there! Just the end of a bottle", but – she's not, and I don't feel like there's wine bottles just sitting around at your house, but – if there are, you can.

· Okay then – this is important – put in more salt and pepper than you think. Not like, 'burn your mouth off', but enough that you can tell the difference before you add it and after.

· Then it needs time to all meld together. You can simmer it for pretty much as long as you want, while you make your pasta.

That's pretty much it, tell your parents I'm really glad they liked it, but that honestly there's so much more that would taste so much better that we could do.

I mean, if you want, I could come over again, and we could make something else.

But I know that's, like – you know, kind of maybe more family and stuff than you want to be. I'm just saying, it could be cool, maybe.

OR, we go drive to this awesome Italian place I know in Rosseau. Either or.

Text me if you want to meet up later, or...

- J