𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐: 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃

꧁꧂

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑. "I would be happy to have your hand to dance, Mr Bridgerton.." Loretta says taking ahold of Colin's hand. The duo making way to the floor of dancing, one of Colins hands landing on the girls waist. Making her smile, and the other holding her hand. And Loretta's only free hand was on his shoulder.

They didn't have to say anything to make it comfortable, it was always comfortable. So for a minute or so, it was just the two of them staring into each others eyes. Like they were the only people on the earth. Until Colin broke the silence to say, "You sparkle like a star, my starlight.. Do you know how incredibly hard it was not to drag you away from Eloise? When all she does it talk, talk, I was beginning to think I was gonna have to make an excuse to get alone time with you tonight.."

"Oh Colin don't be rude, it wasn't nearly too much time.. Eloise and I were actually discussing about you, and your attitude towards other men.." The girl says as Colin goes to spin her, "Well what is wrong with my attitude?" The boy says almost immediately, shocked at the fact that the two girls were talking about that, of all things.

Loretta lets out a small laugh, as the two come together again in the dance. Dancing in circles around other partners. "Colin you are the worst person ever when it comes to being subtle about your jealousy!" Loretta says with a wide smile and her blue eyes shining. It makes Colin's knees weak, weak in a way that he would fall on his knees for her.

The boy try's to act offended and shocked as she says that, putting on a dramatic face to show his emotion. "Oh come on! I'm not that bad? I'm offended you would think so!" The Bridgerton has a wide grin, his perfect smile making an appearance.

"You seriously want me to go over some? Okay, well let's think.. oh! At the last ball, a very nice Gentleman asked for my hand to dance. And you very rudely interrupted him, and gave him probably the nastiest look I have ever seen a man give! Though thinking about it now, it was rather adorable.."

"Oh come on! He was not a Gentleman, and he was looking at you like your just a wife! You're so much more than that and you know it. Beside he had no chance, none of them do.. I just have to keep it real with them all. Because I am yours, and you are mine. Forever.. right?" The Bridgerton boy says, as there dance is coming to an end. Towards the end of his sentence he become more quiet, and it seems like he is trying to get reassurance from the girl in front of his eyes. The girl stares into the boys eyes as the dances they started comes to and end, squeezing one of his hands. Smiling, "Forever." With those words, it just makes the boy smile widen. He already knew that she was his, he just had to hear the reassurance.

When their waltz finally comes to an end, it finishes with Colin kissing Loretta's hand and her curtsying at him. They stay there for what it feels like hours, but finally pull away. Loretta decides to take her leaves and Colin follows closely behind her. It was clear to any sane gentleman that the Leighton girl was clearly not up for the taking. She was Colin's, and to all of the ladies close with Loretta? It was obvious they were gonna take the next step, which would be marriage. Maybe not to other debutants, but to most it was as clear as glass.

As Loretta and Colin made their way to the other side of the ballroom, to the side. Out of sight and out of everyone's way. Colin very gently grabs ahold of HIS GIRLS hand, he liked to be close to her. Whether it was in the same room as her, or they were holding pinky's. It just made him feel alive. Loretta happily accepted the feeling of his hand.

"My star.. I want- if you are comfortable.. I would like to ask your family if it is possible for me to take your hand.. in marriage?" The Bridgerton boy says, visibly very nervous and anxious about the multitude of reaction that could come out of the girl. While he awaits Loretta's answer, the boy fidgets with the hands they are sharing.

Loretta looks at him with starry eyes, filled with admiration and excitement. She notices his anxiety, and immediately puts it to rest. Grasping ahold of his other hand, making the boys head to shoot up to see the kind and loving look on the Leighton girls face.

"Colin.. Calm your nerves!.. I would be overjoyed if you asked my family.. But only if you truly want too." She says, with a kind smile. "I wouldn't want you to ask because you think I am expecting you to. Do it when you are ready."

"My starlight.. I want to do this. I want to marry you, and explore the world with you. To have a family with you. I just- I wanted to ask in case you didn't- just in case you were having second thoughts.." He explains, not wanting to give mixed signals to his girl. He WANTED this. He wanted to marry her. This made Loretta smile even more, of course she wanted this.

"I'm comfortable. Ask them. Ask them, and if they say yes.. I will happily take you as my husband. And if they say no? Then.. I will happily take you as my husband away from here.."

When the Leighton girl says this, it makes the boy smile in a way he didn't know he could. It almost hurt from how happy that statement made him. She was willing to leave everything behind for him, and he would do the same for her. It just made their love all the more real.

"I suppose we must get back out to the rest of the world.. shall we?" The girl says releasing their hands, but still grasping his pinky as she moves them closer to the crowed. Holding onto one another still but still subtle. In the meantime as Loretta is making her way into the crowd, a lovestruck Colin is trailing behind her, staring and then saying.

"𝐎𝐇 𝐌𝐘, 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓?"

Chapter 12 done!?!

Gang I can't lie, I had a struggle writing this, I felt like I was repeating myself over and over again.. But ANYWAYS!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, more then I enjoyed writing this chapter🥰🥰 Anyways COLIN ASKING LORETTA IF SHE WANTS TI MARRY HIM?!?

As always! If you have any comment, questions, or suggestions please share! Just remember to be respectful!!

Love ya!

-Harley<3