Chapter 2: A new Beginning

Nathan slowly opened his eyes,he sat up carefully. He contemplated his life as he looked at the ground around him.

In another place far from that incident, inside a dark room Elise stood before her was a dark menacing figure with a lit cigar that hung from his mouth.

"Here is the proof." Elise said calmly as she placed the little boy's head on his desk.

The figure sighed, as he glanced at the little boy's head. Disappointed by the sight.

"They called the reinforcements for That? What a waste..." he sighed as he rubbed his temple.

"Get this filthy thing away from my desk." He waved his hand away from his desk. Before Elise exited the room he spoke once more.

"Well done Elise you've truly proven yourself, we'll be in contact." He said as he smirked and Elise shut the door.

Elise walked far away from the building, towards an abandoned construction site at the edge of the city. She kneeled down as she dug a small hole on a pile of sand.

"I hope you will forgive me for this..." she said to herself as she placed the head inside the hole.

"Truth is... I… never wanted to kill you, you were just at the wrong place, at the wrong time..." she retorts as her eyes begin to tear up. She wipes it quickly with her hands. Her knees fall weak as she is overwhelmed by the emotions she has been suppressing.

"I-im sorry." Elise repeatedly said it as she broke down more and more. She cried, She looked at evidence of the crime she had committed. She felt an immeasurable amount of guilt for being the monster that took his life. She screamed to herself, as she took one of her own needles and placed it a few inches away from her neck.

She then remembered the reason she's fighting for, she snapped back to reality and calmed down, she needed to put an end to the relentless bloodshed once and for all.

"May you rest in peace... I hope I didn't cause you too much pain. I made it as painless as possible" She slowly filled the hole back with sand. After which she held her hand together to recite a prayer.

She tapped the device in her ear. A beep indicated it connected to someone on the other side.

"Yes, I've infiltrated the organization. We may proceed." She said to the other person. She walked away slowly from the site. From the darkness and back into the gleaming lights of this sleepless city.

On the outskirts of Sector five's slums…

Nathan walked through the slums of the city with a body covered by a white rag on his shoulder and a black body bag in his right hand. He endlessly tortured himself with the thought of what could've gone differently. His breath got heavier and more labored as he continued to walk through the city, neon lights at every street sign began to sting his eyes as he passed by them.

When he finally arrived at the pharmacy, he got straight to the elevator without sparing a second to greet the receptionist.  At the Extraction zone, He placed the body bag and Jack's body on the drop point. The overseer walked towards him, she looked at the white rag and sighs.

"Looks like we lost another hunter today huh? What a shame..." The overseer sadly crossed something on her digital clipboard. Nathan explained the details of what happened. He identified the vampire known as Elise, now known as "The Red Menace". A bounty has been placed on her as she has garnered a kill to one of the hunters.

"Good work Nathan. Here is the pay for this mission, this is for the both of you." She handed him a large pouch that contained two gold coins and several silver coins.