Chapter:11

~ Song: Tu hi Mera from jannat 2
Chavi's pov:

I walked to my family and they all blessed me while wishing me birthday and giving me gifts. But I wanted to have only one gift.

Bade papa came to me. He blessed me first and then forwarded a letter to me.

I don't know when but tears started to streamed down my face. I took the letter from his hand. I exhaled a shuddering breath.

I was pulled in a warm embrace. I can recognize this rich woody scent anywhere, it was Vihaan bhai. I clutched his shirt tightly while my tears stained his white shirt.

"Do you want me to stay with you or you wanna cut the cake?" He asked me while massaging my scalp.

He knows how guilty I would feel later if i wasted their effort by going back to my room. That's why he asked me this question. I pulled away from him and he kissed my forehead lightly and then with a small smile on my face I cut the cake.

Even though I wanted nothing more than to go back to my room and read that letter but I still sat there with my family and somehow managed my time with them without having any breakdown.

Everybody soon left for their respective works. Before going they all blessed me again. Bhai even offered to stay with me but I denied saying he should go and do his work.

Bade papa and Badi ma was supposed to leave for Mumbai two days back but then they decided to stay for my birthday. Badi ma and bade papa also left the house as they had to meet one of their friends.

I don't like to celebrate my birthday with those huge lavish parties so, they all respect my decision. We won't be having any party at home. But arya, as always wants to celebrate it so, we will be going to club. Me, arya and nandani. I would love if yashu would have been with us but this is what it is.

I'm sitting in my room's balcony with the letter that bade papa gave me. I don't want to open it. This is a letter that my mother had written for me.

She had written letter for my each birthday. When i was kid she would give me cards but later she started to give me letters too. She had once told me that she had written these letters when she was pregnant with me.

She always said that life is unpredictable. You never know what will happen. So, she wrote letters for me. She wanted me to have a part of her with me always and this is the last letter she had written for me. I won't receive any more letter from my mother.

You know people say that this pain, this hurt and this longing. It all goes away with time but I don't think that it's true. This yearning always stays but its just that you learn to control it. You just learn how to live with it all.

It is easy for others to say that 'you have to move on' but that's exactly what the problem is. You can't just move on from your loved ones death. You can't just go on as if nothing has happened.

Someone's whole world have been destroyed. It has been shattered down into small pieces. So, how can one mend those pieces easily and even if you do try it, would you ever be the same person again.

My chain of thoughts were broken when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened my room and found Urmila kaki standing at the door. She had a huge bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"Mam, this bouquet came on your name." She said.
I took the bouquet from her while thanking her and closed the door. My phone pinged with a message.

"This is for my birthday princess."
It was sent by Abhimanyu bhai. He was not able to come here in the morning as he had to attend a meeting.

I may not have mum and dad with me but god has blessed me with a loving family. They really do love me. He has sent a bouquet of lavenders. I love lavenders.