Three

Days turned into weeks, and Iris found herself caught in a web of confusion and conflicting emotions. Amity was attentive and kind, but there was an underlying tension whenever Sky's name came up. Sky, on the other hand, seemed hurt and betrayed, but Iris couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to the story than she knew.

On the other hand, Iris and Sky found themselves drawn together, spending more time in each other's company. One day, Sky arrived at school with a new haircut, her hair even shorter yet still cascading elegantly. She wore an oversized shirt that gave her a more masculine appearance. Iris was taken aback as she watched Sky approach.

"Hey Iris, you like?" Sky asked, striking a pose to showcase her new look.

Iris was speechless, her gaze fixed on Sky as if magnetized. In that moment, she realized she was falling for Sky.

"I know I look good. You might want to close your mouth to avoid drooling," Sky joked, winking.

"Haha, very funny, Sky. You look great. I'm loving this new look," Iris replied, reaching out to touch Sky's hair, stretching on her tiptoes to reach.

"Hey, I worked hard to style it!" Sky protested, trying to fix her hair.

"Chill, you still look good. You always do," Iris reassured her, their eyes locked until they were interrupted.

"What's happening here? Iris, I thought we were having lunch together in the music room. Why are you with this Ruby Rose wannabe?" Amity interjected, wrapping her arms around Iris.

"Oh, yeah, sorry Sky, I gotta go. I'll see you later after class?" Iris said, reluctantly tearing herself away, leaving Sky behind, sighing, as she walked away.

-

Amity's fingers danced across the ivory keys, producing a melody that filled the room with a bittersweet aura. Iris, seated nearby, could feel the weight of Amity's emotions in the air, even as the music continued to play.

"Is something wrong, Amity?" Iris finally broke the silence, her voice gentle yet filled with concern.

Amity paused, her hands still on the keys, before speaking softly, "I just... feel bothered."

"About what?" Iris leaned in, her eyes searching Amity's face for any clue.

"That Sky told you everything about us," Amity's voice trembled, tears glistening in her eyes as she looked away.

Iris was taken aback. She had sensed a tension between Amity and Sky, but she had never imagined it ran this deep. After their encounter in the hallway, Iris had respected Sky's silence, assuming it was not her place to pry.

"Amity, she didn't tell me anything," Iris reached out, gently patting Amity's back in an attempt to comfort her.

Amity turned to look at Iris, disbelief written across her face, "She didn't?"

"I swear," Iris replied, her voice filled with sincerity. "I haven't heard a word from Sky about your situation."

Amity's shoulders relaxed slightly, a weight lifting off of her chest. "I'm sorry," she said, wiping away her tears. "I just... I've been feeling so lost and alone lately."

Iris nodded understandingly. "You don't have to go through this alone, Amity. I'm here for you, no matter what."

-

Hours had slipped away unnoticed, and the sun was now setting as Iris waited for Sky at the bicycle area. Finally, Sky arrived, saying, "Yo, Ris," in a subdued tone.

"So you're giving me nicknames now?" Iris replied with a chuckle.

As they rode home, the sky was painted in hues of orange and pink, casting a warm glow over the city. They decided to take a detour through the park to watch the sunset. Sitting on a bench, they gazed at the horizon, the fading light reflecting in Iris's eyes, but Sky's face remained expressionless.