𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

✪ 𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐡 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐳 ✪

I arrived home after my first day at school, feeling a bit different than usual. As I stepped through the front door, the noise of my younger sister's laughter and my little brother's playful shouts filled the house. Normally, I would go and see them but right now i feel too overwhelmed.

I quietly made my way to my room, slipping past my older brother without saying a word. The weight of the day's events hung heavy on my shoulders, making it hard to find the right words to express myself. I shut the door behind me, creating a barrier between me and the outside world.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I stared blankly at the floor, lost in my own thoughts. The silence in my room matched the silence within me. It wasn't that I didn't care about my family or that I wanted to shut them out. It was just that sometimes, being alone felt easier.

In the solitude of my room, I allowed myself to process the ups and downs of the day. The challenges, the uncertainties, and the overwhelming feeling of not quite fitting in. It was in these quiet moments that I found solace, a chance to recharge and gather my thoughts.

After about an hour of mindlessly flickering through my book as i listened to music with my headphones i suddenly remember my promise to Theodore.

I get up from my bed,stretching my body out slightly before grabbing my phone and leaving my room,walking past my elder brothers shut door as i walk down the stairs.

I glance around the bottom floor as i head to the kitchen,i furrow my brows to myself when i don't hear my younger siblings but i shrug it off,presuming they went out with our dad.

I begin preparing myself a small snack,i cut up some cheese and get out some crackers,i also put a few apple slices on the plate too,i take a quick picture and shoot it to the number Theodore gave me.

I place my phone facing upwards as i wait for a reply and i begin eating my food,the hunger from not eating at lunch having caught up to me.

I make a sound of acknowledgment a few minutes later when my dad and younger siblings walk into the house while i'm eating.I glance at my phone,realising i got a text back from Theodore.

I unlock my phone and click the message,a smile slipping onto my face when i see he's sent me a picture back of his face and he's holding his thumb up while smiling.

I send him a quick photo back of me eating my apple slice before i set my phone down and go into the living room to greet my father properly.

"Hey dad." i say quietly,accepting his embrace for a few moments before i pull back,cringing at the physical touch slightly.

My dad doesn't seem to notice as he greets me back after i pull away from his embrace,"Hey kiddo." I roll my eyes at him,"Dad,i'm 15,you don't have to call me kiddo anymore.Im not a kid." i mumble out in protest.He simply shook his head in disagreement and leaned against the back of the armchair he was sat on,continuing to watch the TV.

"What's for dinner later?" i wonder aloud.My dad shrugs,watching the TV,his gaze unwavering."Whatever you and your siblings fancy." He tells me.I nod slightly and say a quiet goodbye before grabbing my phone from the kitchen and quickly walking up the stairs.

I see my elder brother in his room with his door open and i lean against his doorframe in his doorway,"Hey." i greet quietly.

He snaps his head up to me,not having realised i was there."Hey fratellino." he nicknamed me in italian.I smile slightly at the nickname before conversing with him for a few more minutes before i decide my social battery is dying and i excuse myself to go to my room.

I flop onto my bed on my stomach and go back onto my phone,i see a new person has tried to friend me on snapchat,i click on the adds to see who it is.

I feel my face form into a smile when i see the name 'Theodore Baker' has added me on snapchat.I accept his friend request and he sends me a snap of his full face,he has his tongue stuck out.

I don't know how to pose so i just copy his snap,sending the same back to him but of me.I grin when he snaps me back again and does a different face and i copy him.

We continue to snap back and forth for a few hours until i get called down for dinner.I tell him i've got to go before i switch my phone off,place it on my charger and scurry out of my room and down the stairs.