3.1 I Wanted to Know His Name

Bokuto was on cloud nine. He'd never felt anything so soft before. Even his plushies weren't this soft!

As he continued playing with the younger kid's hair, he didn't realise that someone had walked towards them.

"Excuse me, my brother and I have to go home now."

The trio turned and saw another boy similar to the little one that they just talked to. Only this was older.

"Oh! Sorry for interrupting you two." Miyuki apologised. She noticed that the older brother held a cautious gaze. She didn't mind though. The two of them were strangers.

Miyuki then turned towards her son, "Go on, Kōtarō. You have to apologise now."

"... Sorry."

"It's okay." The older boy nodded before walking over to his brother and picked him up, his right arm positioned under his legs while the other took the small bag.

The younger one immediately circled his hands around his brother's neck and secured himself so that he wouldn't fall.

"Please excuse us." The older one bowed which made the other bowed as well.

"Be careful on your way back home, okay?"

"We will. Thank you, Ms." He smiled a little before turning around and started exiting the park.

Miyuki gave a small smile whereas Bokuto looked down at the ground and sulked. He thought he could make another friend today!

He soon felt a nudge from his mother and when he looked up, he noticed that the siblings had stopped and the little one was waving his small little hand at him while hiding half of his face with his brother's shoulder.

Bokuto thought that animals were cute, but now he saw something even cuter.

He immediately waved back while giving a bright smile.

Miyuki noticed that the child had jumped a little before quickly shielding himself with his brother's shoulder as the two continued on their way.

The older lady couldn't help but let out a chuckle. So cute~

"AH!"

This time it was her turn to jump. "What's wrong, Kōtarō?"

"I DIDN'T ASK FOR HIS NAME!"

"I'm sure you'll get to see him again, Kōtarō."

"B-BUT WHAT IF NEVER?!"

"You will, Kōtarō. I'm sure."