𝐢𝐯. papayas and red

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter four: papayas and red

ALL WEEK BEFORE FRIDAY CAME AROUND, THE TEAMS HAD THE BOYS ON THE RACING SIMS, TRAINING, DOING INTERVIEWS, AND THE LIKE

ALL WEEK BEFORE FRIDAY CAME AROUND, THE TEAMS HAD THE BOYS ON THE RACING SIMS, TRAINING, DOING INTERVIEWS, AND THE LIKE. It was always what they had to do during the week leading up to race weekend. The interviews may not have but any of their favorites since most of them hated the media anyway—and it also didn't help that Netflix was there filming for Formula 1: Drive to Survive.

The hotel was a different matter. A much better option, in Sadie's opinion. To be able to relax and hang out before the tumultuous weekend ahead of them was what she enjoyed second to the race. Not having a single worry on your mind about the days that lay ahead was relief.

But when it does come down to race weekend, and race day itself, Sadie has two choices when it comes to supporting the Formula 1 teams. Well, actually, that was a lie. She could support any of the ten teams, but she always only supported two. It was always Scuderia Ferrari and McLaren Racing. The former being the team that her best friend and Carlos are on, and the latter being the team that her brother and Lando are on. She was mostly always on Ferrari's side, though, which made Oscar miserable most of the time. She always wore a Ferrari jacket with her Charles hat to match. The only thing she wore that was McLaren was her earrings. Oscar hated that so much.

"Why can't you just go full papaya for one weekend?" the younger Piastri questions as his sister follows him and Lando to the elevator.

"Maybe because her boyfriend is much more important to her than her brother," Lando teases, a grin on his face as he presses the down button.

"Charles is not my boyfriend," Sadie defends as she rolls her eyes and pinches the Norris boy's arm, causing him to shriek. Both Piastri siblings start laughing.

"It's not funny. That fucking hurt..." Lando mumbles, a frown on his face as he rubs his arm. The spot where Sadie had pinched him was starting to turn red. "Christ..."

"Aww, mate, do you need mummy to kiss it for you?" Oscar mocks, puckering his lips. Lando pushes him away, making a sound of disgust. The elevator dings in that same moment and opens. Just on time. Thank, God.

Lando's the first into the elevator, hurriedly pressing the button for the lobby as if that would make the doors close faster. Sadie and Oscar grin as they follow him into the elevator. The elevator doors soon close afterward.

The descent is quiet, neither of the three saying anything to one another. Lando and Oscar keep giving each other a look and giggling like little children. Sadie furrows her brows as she stares at them.