Chapter 20 Liu Xian promoted to the rank of general

general ((archaic) position title within the old imperial system; a commander of the palace guards)

Liu Xian was pushing back,, Guan Yu saw this and was busy drinking:

"Third brother, don't be rude! The consigliere's body and bones are weak, and the march is hard, so he needs to get some rest!"

Liu Xian saw Guan Yu to speak to himself, immediately laughed and said.

"General Guan has not seen you for a few days, you still have the same elegance!"

"Hehe..."

Guan Yu smiled faintly and gently stroked his beard, saying:

"Consigliere need not be polite, call me by name!"

Liu Bei watched from the sidelines and was more than happy to smile. If it was a time of prosperity, generals and prime ministers making nice was the last thing the king wanted to see. But now the chaotic world, for the human king, the most happy to see, is the general and the prime minister and! Only the civil and military power, can be used in one place. Now Guan Yu and Liu Xian reconciliation, is exactly the thing he can not wait for!

He went forward to pull Guan Yu and Liu Xian and said:

"Come on, second brother, Liu Xian, and follow me into this Guangling to see!"

At that moment, a large group of people and horses toward the city of Guangling. Liu Bei traveling on the road, Guan Yu on the left, Liu Xian on the right, a civil and a military, very happy! All the way to the Princely Establishments, Liu Bei simply let Chen Deng to arrange trivial matters, he was in the House opened a meeting. This time, the city of Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province) has a lot of harvest, everything needs to be Liu Bei to make decisions.

The first to be dealt with was Zhang Xun. He was pressed into the hall, neatly groomed and not mistreated. Seeing Liu Bei, Zhang Xun smiled bitterly and said, "The defeated general Qiao Lei, meet Envoy Liu!"

In fact, Zhang Xun was originally to return to Yuan Shu, but I do not know whether the rumors spread that Zhang Xun died in Guangling or Yuan Shu was originally to use Zhang Xun to please Liu Bei, in any case, did not come to want to go.

Seeing this, Liu Bei hurriedly got up to untie Zhang Xun's rope and said:

"General Zhang need not be polite! These past few days when Bei didn't arrive, General Zhang has suffered!"

Zhang Xun thought Liu Bei would kill him to vent his anger, but did not expect to be treated with such courtesy, and was immediately flattered, saying.

"I'm just a defeated general, but Liu Bei is so terrified!"

Liu Bei said in a broad voice:

"Victory and defeat is a common thing in the military, don't worry about it! I have long heard that there is a general named Zhang Xun under Yuan Highway's account, who is very resourceful and brave! I've seen him today, and I've seen his style!"

Zhang Xun said in shame: "I was stationed in Guangling, I wanted to defeat you, but I didn't want to be crushed, I didn't think otherwise, now you treat me like this, how can I be embarrassed!"

Liu Xian saw the situation, laughed:

"Since the Lord and General so, may be General into my army, or to achieve some success in battle ah!"

Zhang Xun heard a stunned, looked at Liu Bei, but saw Liu Bei eyes extremely sincere look at him and said.

"I don't know if you can help me?"

"This..."

Zhang Xun said:

"General Yuan has recognized me, if I vote for you, I will be against General Yuan, please let me refuse!"