𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

ANYA

8 a.m. came sooner than expected. I hadn't tried to go back to sleep after Boris left; my mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. I decided another shower might help clear my head. I turned on the water and slipped out of Boris's loose black button-up shirt. As the hot water enveloped me, I sighed in relief, feeling the tension of my racing thoughts begin to melt away.

Afterward, I emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a towel and quickly gathered my dress, underwear, and heels from the floor. I scooped up Luna and prepared to make a quick exit from Boris's room. But as I descended the stairs, the sound of chatter grew louder, making me pause at the bottom. I cautiously peeked around the corner to ensure I was alone before making a run for my own bedroom.

However, as I turned the corner, my escape was suddenly halted by the sight of Yuri and several unfamiliar men standing in the area. Their eyes locked onto me, and I felt self-conscious, still dripping wet from the shower and leaving a trail of moisture with each step.

"Uhh..." I stammered, feeling exposed under their intense gaze. Sensing my discomfort, Yuri quickly stepped forward, raising his arms to shield me from their view.

"Gentlemen, avert your eyes," he declared firmly, creating a barrier between me and the strangers. Grateful for his intervention, I offered a quiet "thank you" as he guided me to my room, ensuring my privacy was respected.

As I stepped inside, I thanked Yuri once more, closed the door behind me, and let out a sigh of relief. I quickly changed into fresh clothes and made my way to Amara's bedroom, hoping she might have some information about the boys. I knew it was probably too early for her to be awake, but I decided to take my chances.

I knocked on Amara's door gently before entering and was surprised to find her already up and standing in front of the mirror, straightening her hair.

She turned to face me with a bright smile and greeted me with a cheerful, "Hey."

"Morning," I replied, closing the door behind me and taking a seat on the bed behind her. "I'm surprised to see you up so early."

Amara shrugged. "It was hard to fall back asleep after Anton left," she said. I nodded, noting that Anton had left early this morning just like Boris.

Amara's eyes met mine as she turned away from the mirror. "How was your night?" she asked. A smile spread across my face as I relived the memorable moments from my night with Boris.

"It was amazing," I said, my enthusiasm shining through. Amara turned off her straightener, setting it aside as she gave me her full attention.

"Did Anton mention anything to you about what's going on?" I asked.

Amara shook her head. "No, nothing at all. Anton left so quickly this morning before I could even ask questions."

I nodded reluctantly, my unease growing with each passing moment. The more I tried to understand what was happening and why Boris insisted I stay indoors, the more stressed I became.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?" Amara asked, her concern mirroring my own.

I shook my head, rubbing my temples in frustration. "No," I admitted. "I came in here hoping you might have some answers."

Amara walked over and sat beside me on the bed. We both seemed to be caught in the web of uncertainty.

"I'm assuming Anton asked you to stay here all day too?" I asked.

Amara nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I woke up to Boris on the phone this morning. He told me not to go into work today." Her face lit up with amusement, and a mischievous grin slowly spread across her features.