[Part 3] The Gauntlet

The city of Indianapolis was filled with people who were out celebrating 2024, including Mr. And Mrs. Fayetteville.

Saturday, they spent the day at the Colts football game, and today, they were going to enjoy the city, starting with a spa day.

"Oh, Dillion," said Velvet, wrapping her arms around the big left arm of her Husband. "What a vacation. Just you and I, celebrating the new year here."

A smile appears on the tall man's face as he enjoys the moments with his wife. "My love, we're just getting started. We have a shopping spree, and tonight, we're having lobster. Lobster!"

Mrs. Fayetteville let out a giggle before putting on a seductive look. "Hopefully, you'll have room for desert after all that lobster, dear."

"Oh Velvet, I'll-"

Placing his arm across his wife body, Dillion put his finger on his lips for her to understand. The Couple listen in to the sound they're not used to, especially on a quiet day like this.

Gunshots and screaming.

Grabbing his wife's arm, Dillion pulled her backward back to their hotel room. They stood in front of the elevator, pressing the button a bunch of times.

The doors finally opened, and the married couple slowly backed up as something in front of them stepped out with a couple of friends.

It let out a snort. "Going somewhere?"

Dodger: Certified Hero
Season 1 Finale

The Gauntlet

Dodger stood in the middle of the chaos, looking at the red eyed cloud shaped head that was above the city. The Hero under the mask felt his body shake and his stomach churning.

Of all the things he recently experienced, this was the scariest as the foe who terrorized the Dragon Realms has arrived to his world, his planet.

"Hahaha. Look at all of you. You're the size of ants, and I could crush you all. But I won't. I can punish you, but I will show mercy for this one and only time. One of you have the artifacts I am searching for, and you can bring them to me, or like the Hero they are, they'll give them to me.

"For as long I don't receive what's mine, I will start killing your species till it's only you and I. So, Hero. What are you? The coward who caused the existence of your species or the hero who saved them from absolute destruction...for now."

The cloud head vanished, letting the sun shine on the city of chaos. Dodger just stood in the middle of the street, shivering like a cold breeze went through his suit and hit his body like icicles.

"Dodger...we need to go" Bianca told him telepathically.

He didn't move. He just stood there, quivering.

"Dodger...there is no time to get scared. We need to stop Ripto."

"H-How?"

"Dodger, w-"

"How did he get here?! How is he in my world?!" Dodger asked, raising his voice. He was lucky no one heard him as people were running away to safety.