12

(AN: Ya'll remember Aqua's eyes darkening? Yeah, that'll be written in bold. Like such: Kenny!!)

I walked into Ruby's classroom to see her talking to Aqua. "You don't understand, Onii-chan! I'm gonna be an idol!" I heard her exclaim when I got closer to her. "High schools with performing arts departments are focusing on the interviews! Knowledge is just for reference! If I become an idol, I won't even have to study for exams. It's like killing two birds with one stone!"

"Don't gamble your life on that trivia." Aqua told her. I placed my hand on Ruby's shoulder, making her jump, "You wanna be an idol? You're gonna have the same fate as ma- Ai. Death when you find the people you love the most." I told her.

Ruby sweat dropped. 

I have emotions, I do, but it's more on the... negative side. But what I said was true. If I ever become an idol, it'll only be for revenge.

Aqua sighed, "You can dream about idols, just don't dream about becoming one."

I nodded. "Basically, their income is low. They're retired before the age of 30. They're constantly being watched by fans." 

"Like mama's." I whispered to Ruby. It looked like my whisper sent chills down her spine. "Your voice is creepy, don't whisper." She told me quickly. Aqua continued, "The survival rate in the industry after graduation is low. In the end, most of them look for another job."

Unlike me, Aqua didn't get straight to the point.

"There aren't as many jobs where the cost and return are not balanced as this."

"What's your point?" She asked Aqua with fire in her eye. I looked at her. My face screamed, 'Seriously?' 

"Doing what you want to do is what life is about, right? If you only care about the cost and return, you won't be able to do anything!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, but you can't go through with your desires all the time! Some people do that and they end up being serial killers." My voice raised a little. "Yeah, well, some people die without having an opportunity to even think about their desires, you know!" She yelled.

I cracked my knuckles trying to calm myself down. I really don't want to damage school property.

"I don't want to be like that!" Ruby turned away from us and huffed.

"Do whatever you want to, I'm going to see the director. You coming?" The question was for me. I rolled my eyes, "Duh, dip shi-." I paused. He's older, I can't do that. Instead, I slapped the back of his head and walked next to him. I scooted closer to him while walking and eventually, we were walking arm in arm. It's just our sibling thing. Ruby says it's weird 'cause we're siblings but why does it have to be a romantic thing?

I don't get it.

While walking there, I had a realization. I've changed... ever since mama died. This change has nothing to do with my disorder. It's more... personal? My previous life was filled with death. The first person I liked committed suicide. Then Sarina died. Then I found out my parents were serial killers.

I frowned.

How could I kill them just like that? I must've been a psycho. And how could I just kill myself? I could still feel the pain on my throat. I coughed. 

I'm- I'm missing something from my past... it was a being... a person and an... animal? Oh, I remember.

Oh... I remember. I stopped dead in my tracks. One leg in front of another. My arm was still interlocked with Aqua's. "Ame?"He called me. His voice seemed to fade away.

I know who else died.

My bully... and my first pet... Rika, my hamster. 

I remember now. My bully... I can't remember her name. This was a few months before Ryota's death. My bully, she stole my pet hamster Rika. I took her to school for 'Show Your Pet Day'. It's not a thing anymore... probably 'cause of my incident.

My bully stole it and ran into the streets. I couldn't take Rika back from her before... before the crash. The screams of my bully... that's what I remember. Her screams. I couldn't even hear Rika's scream. Did she even scream? Did she get a chance to? I don't know because all I could hear were that bitch's screams instead of Rika's.

My hand slipped out of Aqua's. I hugged my knees as I bent and sat down on the pavement. I felt hot yet cold tears run down my cheeks. On instinct I licked them with my tongue. They were so salty. As expected.

I felt a hand on my head. It was comforting. It was Aqua's. "Why're you crying?" I tried to find an excuse but, I'm not a liar, "It has nothing to do with you so, don't worry." I told him. I quickly wiped them away. My cheeks were damp. It gave me the ick but, oh well.

It's my fault I cried. Previous me's fault.

I looked up and sighed. I turned  towards Aqua. I can read him much better than anyone else. He was extremely worried. I smiled, "I told you not to worry. C'mon." I gave him my arm and he interlocked his with mine.

"We look forward to your participation next time." I speak into the phone.

"Thanks, director." I said and Aqua tossed him his phone back. "You can even fool your own sister. You guys are damn good actors." The call was for Ruby. I was amazing at mimicking people to the T so I did most of the speaking. Aqua told me what to say.

"What are you going to do if she gets a call from the real person in charge?" The director asked as he took a drag of his cigarette. I personally didn't like him doing that but what can I do except freak him out. I smiled to myself. I was getting good at the voice of an extroverted person.

"I used Ruby's phone to send a short message to them, saying that she's withdrawn from the audition. I also blocked their number, so she won't receive their calls. There's nothing to worry about." Aqua told the director.

"I don't get it. Why would you go so far to crush your sister's dream? She's quite the beauty. She might have what it takes to be a star." My jaw tightened. Because of mama. I can't let her have the same fate as MAMA! I... can't. No more death.

Other than that bastard father of ours.

"We won't let her be an idol and make the same mistake as Ai." We say in unison.

I can't. We can't. We. Just. Can't.

 When it comes to our revenge and idols and Ruby and mama and that bastard father of ours, my thoughts and Aqua's are always the same.

"Absolutely not." Aqua said after he calmed down, the same time I said "No." Not completely calm yet.

"You guys have a severe case of sister complex, huh? You're too overprotective." The director told us sweat dropping. I gave a sarcastic chuckle. "Nah... I'm just a sadist." My reply made the director sweat even more.

________________________________________________________________________________ Hey, hey what's up?! Sorry I couldn't update. I was extremely busy with exams. I'm sure most of us were. But the fact that- oh never mind. I hate speeches.

Just- Thanks.

-Ino