[1] The Rising Volt Tacklers

This story was originally written on quotev alongside my friend Oak, and was not written solely by me.

FAIR WARNING: There are ocs in this story alongside the reader. They'll still act as supporting characters, but if the presence of them is a bother this is your heads up. There aren't an over abundance of them, but you will notice several, including one in this chapter, appearing throughout.

Enjoy the story!

"Murdock," You grab hold of the pink cloth of the man's sleeve in an attempt to pull him forward by force. He's stopped dead in his tracks to examine a group of schoolgirls sitting in a circle to eat lunch- and by the glances they begun to throw your way they're clearly beginning to feel uncomfortable with the presence of your companion, "None of them are her, and you're clearly creeping them out. Let's move on, I'd rather not get an earful from Vix about getting kicked off of school grounds because your eyes weren't working properly."

"But they all look the same with that uniform, it's not my fault," He feebly attempts to defend himself as you, with the assistance of your Froslass, pull him along. He'd given up resistance as well, which helped with the endeavor. A few of the girls visibly sigh in relief.

A warm laugh echoes from the rotom-phone floating beside you. Orla's voice booms against your ear, causing you to flinch, and Froslass has to float over to push the object away from you to prevent any further damage to your ears, "Murdock, stop bothering random students," She pauses for a moment, just long enough to hear Murdock mumble a soft 'I'm not', before continuing, "But I take it there's been no luck on your end either then?"

"Nope, we haven't see a girl that looks anything like her yet. Despite what Murdock here might believe," You finally let go of him, trusting he can use his own two legs to walk without an abrupt stop again, and examine the area you've entered. You hear Mollie faintly grumble about the progress of your search through the phone as you look around. It's also seemingly devoid of her at first glance, and even upon a closer inspection as you walk, your search yields nothing. You don't linger much longer, since you're sure two adults making several laps around a school building will raise some suspicion from students and faculty.

Despite your reluctance to snoop around a school building again, you find yourself put right back in the same position the following day- just without Murdock by your side to give you some much needed company. Everyone had collectively decided his not-so-subtle way of looking for the girl wasn't going to get you anywhere, and had sent you to walk laps around the building by yourself. At least they'd promise to keep in touch the entire time through a call again, though you weren't able to have much of a proper conversation when every schoolgirl with black or dark blue hair that walked by called for your attention. Most of the time you were just listening to Friede and Orla talk, which was perfectly soothing on its own.

After a little while of snooping around the school, with an occasional rest break, you had perhaps begun to get a little too sure that no one would ever notice that you kept swinging by. Though that could've been your fault for running right into them, twice.

The first time it wasn't much of a bother, you'd turned around to get a look at someone that'd walked by and accidentally ran into a young man with dual-tone hair who'd been quick to brush off the whole encounter, telling you it wasn't a bother at all, even with his sharp eyes baring holes into you with every word. He appeared to be in a hurry, so you didn't really think too much of his terse attitude and shrugged the whole thing off. It was the first time you'd gotten Mollie to speak the entire time, with her checking to make sure you hadn't hurt yourself during that run in, even if it did seem a little silly and like an overreaction.

The second time was a tad more awkward than the last, when you turned a corner at the exact same time and bumped into each other once more. This time you weren't so lucky to escape the situation with ease.