[2] Liko and the Pendant

Friede returns late the next night. Nearly two hours after he'd initiated an earlier liftoff than anticipated- refusing to answer any of the question the rest of you had for him. The only thing he did mention was the he 'found her', but he'd taken off on Charizard's back too soon for you to ask what exactly he was planning on doing now. If it had been up to you, you would've had a conference with everyone else and discussed next steps on what to do, since clearly this is a delicate situation, but of course he wouldn't think to do such a thing. Mollie was already planning to have a stern talking to with him about this sort of thing. He may be the commander, but acting recklessly on his part tends to get the rest of you in some sort of trouble. And none of you are all that keen on cleaning up his mess when it can be avoided.

The girl is with him when he lands, you could spot her as they flew in too. Charizard's cupping her, and her Sprigatito, in its arms. And the proves to irk you more, since that poor girl could fall off with even the slightest turbulence if Charizard isn't handling her with the utmost care. And it's flying much too fast to be able to do such a thing.

"Is he seriously having Charizard carry her like that?" Mollie voices a similar concern from your side, eyebrows furrowing slightly as she notes their approaching figures as well, "There's plenty of room for her on top."

"I was just thinking the same thing," You heave a sigh, leaning on the railing as you wait for them to land on the wing deck, which Mollie had just deployed after Friede called the team out of the blue. Thankfully a few of you were waiting around here anyway, so it wasn't too much of a hassle to get it ready on short notice.

"I'm sure there's a good reason," Murdock reassures the two of you, smiling at the pair of you as you look at him questioningly. Neither of you are going to believe that until he gives you a reasonable explanation, because this is something Friede would do, "Have a little faith."

"He hasn't give us much ability to," Mollie shrugs, undeterred in her stance on the situation from Murdock's words, frown falling onto her features as she once again looks at the scene, "He's just being careless as usual. I hope he didn't drag you back to the ship like that in the midst of the storm."

Her gaze turns directly towards you, though her body doesn't follow the movement of her eyes. You hear Murdock sigh as you shake your head at her, laughing at the idea- even though you're sure he would've, had it not been raining and there'd been a serious risk you'd actually fall, "No, thankfully. I don't think I could've forgiven him so easily for that. Hopefully he didn't pull any of those stunts he did with me on board while she's hanging there like that. I don't think she'll ever trust us if he did."

Mollie laughs, covering her mouth with the sleeve of her jacket as she does, gently bumping her shoulder into yours, "You reckon he's tried diving with her on there yet? He did that the one time I needed a ride, gave me quite a fright. Now I just borrow Metagross if I need to fly anywhere. Friede and Charizard are dangerous together, at least Orla doesn't make it a thrill ride."

"I wouldn't be all that surprised, the poor girl looks like she's seen a ghost," They're getting closer and you can't clearly make out the girls nervous expression and paled features. Despite it all being jokes, now you're actually starting to think he did go ahead and try a risky maneuver with the child barely fastened on, "Friede never thinks these things through."

"At least give him a chance to explain himself," Murdock insists, placing a hand on either of your shoulders to begin guiding you forward and down the steps so you can greet Friede when he lands, "He wouldn't just put a child in danger."

"I'm starting to doubt how well you actually know him," Mollie gives him a hard stare, eyebrow raising as she looks over her shoulder at him, "Friede doesn't tend to think about the consequences of his actions, and he forgets the small stuff. I think 'don't put the girl in harms way on Charizard' might be apart of the small stuff."