Chapter one

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳

"Come on sterling don't be such a wuss" says my older sister Cora we were walking across the rapids on a makeshift bridge some other kids made "shut up I'm not a wuss" I muttered,  slowly getting on the makeshift bridge my legs wobbling as I walk to the middle of the bridge where Cora was patienly waiting, Cora quickly grabs onto my arms both our legs wobbling as we slowly finish making our way across but the bridge starts cracking and breaking making us panic "sterling I need you to look at me" my sister instructed with a hint of panic in her tone "I need you to climb around me and walk to the end of the bridge" I shake my head frantically "what about you" I shouted my sister smiles a desolate smile as she reassures that she'll be right behind me but as I make it across and turn around I see the bridge and my sister gone panic set in my mind I kneel down and start screaming for her hoping that she'll call back she never did, my screaming alerted my parents they ran out the house there faces twisted in panic as they ask what happened, I explained that the bridge broke and Cora fell into the rapids, my mom kneels to the ground crying and screaming into my dad's shoulder.