IMMORTALITY AND ITS DISEASE

bungo stray dogs 文豪ストレイドッグス

AT DEATH'S DOOR

AT DEATH'S DOOR

you've seen a fair share of things. you could consider it one and maybe the only perk of being immortal, death not gracing your presence in any form. you'd like to think he is disgusted by your existence but why would a mere bartender care to mull on such thoughts?

as you whisk up drinks and different concoctions, you watch behind a lidded gaze as people come and go with their stories, and even their off putting personalities. it's not like you mind, you have nothing else to do but listen absentmindedly.

you have vowed to yourself to not get attached for its utterly meaningless. but alas, despite not being able to grow old or die, you can't help yourself dabble in the art of being human.

and frankly, your frequent regular finds this quite fascinating. so with no other choice, you humour him a bit.

o1; FOREWORD
the reader is gender neutral, meaning they are to be referred to with they/them pronouns. although i am planning a different approach as i will be writing in second person, the reader will be often associated with they/them when being referred to by characters.

this story of course, is based off of bungo stray dogs. unfortunately with my lack of knowledge on the manga (i know right...) i will mostly be pulling from the anime/canon, but also deriving from it a teeny bit to fit into this fic. the story will start in the dark era and continue onwards, most specifically after atsushi joins but that's how far i will be going.

there will be dark themes present throughout, such as blood, gore, body horror, abuse, etc. before any chapter that includes these themes, i will put a content warning.

the book will not be focusing on the romance aspect of things but will still focus on the relationships between the reader and the characters (i also can't write romance for the life of me LMAO). soukoku will be sprinkled in though so if you squint hard enough, you may see it!

my updating schedule is quite inconsistent so please bare with me there.

i recommend reading in the
verdana font.

o2; AUTHORS NOTE
me when i can't finish stories so i write new ones....im a bit silly! this fic will be on the shorter side before i write my big and serious bsd fic.

© RI12IXII