Chapter Seven

When he now understands why everyone he had ever known preferred plus-size curvy women over some fake thin Barbie.

Paisley's eyes widened slightly when she looked around the room at all of the large men standing up with deadly looks in their eyes at what she had heard aloud.

"Everyone, calm down!" Lilith loudly proclaimed from her seat next to her mate, who had his hand on her knee, giving her his strength.

"We are not going to harm these three innocent women who are here to enjoy the gathering we have put together for tonight's events."

Axel felt proud of his mate for taking charge and redirecting the problem from her stepsister to why they were all here in the first place.

A couple of hours later, Axel and Darren all started to tell everyone goodbye while his sweet mate was in bed, sound asleep already after the debacle that was her stepsister and friends.

* * *

Lilith, May, and Jazmine met for their annual girl's day. Since the last gathering a few months ago, their mates have all become close friends. Now, all Lilith wants Darren and Maverick to find their mates and join their friend group.

"Have you guys heard that Paisley was fired from her job here and was forced to move back to Raleigh or Dallas if she ever wants to get work," Jazmine happily said.

Lilith and May looked at each other and burst out laughing, knowing exactly why she was fired and seeing how she was trying to make a name for herself around town.

"Have any of you seen Jessie around lately?" May asked, taking a bite of the lunch she had ordered.

"No, I have not seen her at all. I mean, she tried months ago when Axel and I first met to steal him from me and then try to get under my skin with people of my past," Lilith said with a shrug, not caring one bit about the ex-friend who only cared for herself.

"Lily is right. I warned her to leave the man alone, yet she tried to sleep with him when he only had eyes for Lily."

The three young mated women laughed, enjoying their time together and hanging out when their men were all at work since the next mating event festival was about to start up for the winter.

Lilith nodded, bidding her friend farewell to visit her mate at work since he had forgotten to take the dinner she had made for him this morning.

Axel sat at his desk along with Ian watching Maverick fuss over the little lady who came in being carried by his best friend who, for some reason losing his damn mind.

"Uh, Bro, Mave. I think you need to let the little lady breathe, seeing how she looks like she might pass out from how red she looks," Ian said, laughing right at the moment the young woman passed out in Maverick's arms.

Axel watched on amused, chuckling at his friend, now understanding he had found his mate and brought her here for whatever reason.

"Axe, what's going on?" Axel turned his head with a large grin, pulled his mate to sit on his lap, and kissed her lips briefly.

"Maverick found his mate and brought her here," Axel amusedly told her.

Lilith giggled, knowing they would have another girl to join their friend group, and Darren was the last to find their mate.

"Mave, would you like to bring her home? Maybe I can help her understand." Lilith softly asked, kissing her mate's cheek and opening the small bag of a home-cooked meal for him to have later.

Axel watched his mate leave with Maverick, who was talking animatedly to his mate while they went to head on home, and he was happy to have his life turn for the last over the last six months since he met his sweet, loving Lilith, who brought her light into his dark world.