Chapter 29: Last Ditch Effort

Ara: Hey, Everly

Ara: No vacancy pa rin?

Everly: Sorry, babe

Everly: Wala pa rin

Ara: It's fine! :)

Everly: We had an opening last week

Everly: Sayang :(

***

What the fuck is happening right now? I thought as I watched my ex-husband's surprise delivery unfold while I looked over from the back of my ex-boyfriend's shoulder.

Am I dreaming? Am I hallucinating?

Suddenly, Apollo's hand gently pushed me back towards the front door. "I'll handle this. You can go back inside, Sahara."

His words and actions right now immediately made my hackles go up, as I am reminded of what happened—or didn't happen between us a few days ago. The reminder just made me feel embarrassed and out of sorts again.

So I clung to the residual anger I was feeling too.

"No," I said to Apollo. Not waiting for his permission, I moved around him to face the delivery personnel and directly addressed them. "I'm sorry, but what is this?"

I almost staggered back when I heard his response. The delivery man's smile widened. "Delivery po galing sa asawa niyo," he answered.

Fuck. I looked at the parked car in Apollo's driveway. It's a red car, a newer model than what I got right now. Is Dash buying back my love? Is this his way of winning me back? A fucking car?

Really? A car is his last-ditch effort to save his own marriage that he ruined by himself?

"'Yang isang buong kotse?" I asked them incredulously. Honestly, men will do everything but take accountability for their indiscretions.

The man nodded and signed to his partner something. So I focused my attention on him as he unlocked the trunk and lifted its door. "Surprise!" they both yelled happily, while the other guy pointed his camera at me.

Someone grunted in disgust behind me, reminding me of Apollo who was still standing behind me and watching this whole shitshow unfold.

The red car's trunk was filled with red and white heart balloons, gold streamers and ribbons, and red roses. There was also a banner saying 'I'M SORRY, I LOVE YOU'. And you know what the kicker is? The car speakers were blaring the song for our first dance at our wedding!

Lumapit sa akin 'yung kumukuha ng video at may inabot na puting sobre. "Ito po, letter po galing sa asawa niyo."

I raised my hand to cover the camera, not to take the letter. "Can you stop taking a video?"

Umiling siya. "Ma'am, sorry po. Kasama po ito sa package na kinuha ni Sir Dash."

Apollo interjected himself again. "She said to stop filming," he said, I could hear the restraint in his voice. "Hindi ba kayo marunong umintindi?"

"Kaso sir—"

Hindi siya pinansin ni Apollo. Instead, he took the walkie-talkie that he usually uses to communicate with his staff. "Manong Ben, magpapunta ka ng security personnel dito, please."

Static crackled before a response was heard. "Ilan kailangan, sir?"

"Bring ten with you," Apollo answered, his glare still on the men.