09 || Picking From College

The next evening I went along with my friends where we usually go and spend our money eating the spicy Bhel Puri, Vada Pav and drinking a hot chai.

Initially, Arun texted me last night that he will pick me from the college since he wanted to tell me something important. I was just assuming and dreaming like that important matter would be confessing the love.

I was actually a stupid to think all of these. But what to do? I can only imagine things like this in my mind because it ain't gonna happen in reality. He might've already have someone in his life. Afterall I am just a random girl to him.

"Hey!" I jumped while ending my thoughts when I saw someone tapping my shoulder. I turned to see Arun standing there and laughing along with my friends looking at my funny face.

"Arun!" I removed my bag and started to hit on him and at once he catched my bag and I couldn't move. I don't know where this will take me to as my friends were witnessing this scene and they'd already started to tease me through their eyes.

"Shall we go?" He asked grabbing my bag and carrying it for me. I nodded a yes and bid bye to my friends.

"Aarthi! Enjoy." I hear my girlies intentionally screaming out so that Arun could hear what they had told. I frowned at them.

"Arun! Give me I will carry why you taking that burden?" I ask trying to grab my bag away from him.

"No! I will carry it for you." He said taking it to a height where my hands couldn't reach. I ended up falling on his chest attempting to take the bag.

I fold my hands and gave him an angered look showing my disappointment.

"Aw! The baby is angry huh?" He questions looking at my face and I sat down on the pillion while he started off his bike.

I wanted to ask him something but I am just so hesitated to ask him. Because I don't want him to take it wrong and if that answer turns opposite to me it is only a waste moment. Like everytime I see him it will make me ashamed.

Asking whether he is single or taken.. in a serious tone will only make things awkward instead of asking it in a happier and jolly tone which is unmatchable for me.

"Arun! I want t-to ask y-you something." All of a sudden I valiantly asked him.

"Tell aarthi." He answers.

"Arun! Are you- I - I mean what is so important that you wanted to tell me." I sighed in defeat making a pout that I failed to ask him what I had in my mind but asked something else.

"Uh! Yeah. I forgot I am suffering from memory loss nowadays. I forget everything except you-" He said all of a sudden and clutched the brake and I fell on his back smiling at what he told.

"I- I am sorry. I-I did-nt me-an-" He struggles to let it out properly. I shut his mouth by placing the index finger and this naughty guy licked it all of a sudden.

"Aish! Arun are you a baby?" It is just a fake annoyance but I love his childish acts.

"Yes I am." He mumbles down his breathe thinking I didn't hear his sayings.

"What? What did you say?" I asked trying to make him believe I didn't hear what he replied.

"I am so sorry." He smiles nervously.

"Hm." I hummed in response.

"Ok. So what's the matter actually?" I question him.

"My sister is having a baby shower function and I want you attend. Please don't say no. The function falls on Sunday." The bike halted in front of my house and I got down only to fall in love with his cute pleading place.

"Is mom inside?" He asks looking out for my mom.

"But sadly she went for work." I replied.

"Oh! I know you would feel lonely to be around all those unknown peoples that's why I wanted to say it aunty, so that she can accompany you." He said.

"Don't worry I'll be there." I firmly tell.

"Sure?" He asks and I nod smiling.

"Are you ok if I bring one of my friend to accompany me?" I ask and he replies, "Ofcourse yes."

"Then see you on Sunday." I reply.

"Why not tomorrow?" He asks with a smirk.

"If possible." I try my best to smirk alike him but he laughed resulting that I failed here too.

I am failing in everything when it comes to him.