Chapter 1: Lost

Here lies the world in complete ruin and barren cities. However, the most affected of them all will go to Echolysis City, home to the world's most powerful scientists, technology, government, and knowledge. Well, it was the most powerful until a major outbreak of a sample from a nearby asteroid landed on Earth intact filled with DNA samples, very interesting samples. Due to negligence, these samples found themselves free, contaminating citizen waters, food, personal properties, and most importantly, the city's main power supply, the Echo Reactor, known as the most powerful reactor to mankind. For whatever reason, a major explosion destroyed the Echo Reactor from contamination, and not only led to an abrupt cut to the entire city's main power line, disrupting all activities, but also the spread of this newfound sample from space. News spread quickly as people began to evacuate, frightened of this mysterious DNA sample from outer space. However, one could somewhat anticipate the major factor with this new outbreak, which is that people contaminated with the sample started to lose control of themselves and turn into a selfless, cannibalistic, brain-eating machine, or as we call them, Zombies. It is known that whoever is bitten by these infected people will turn into one of them within a couple days, and in rare cases, a couple hours. This newfound virus spread from panicked citizens of Echolysis City to the rest of the world, leaving them completely defenseless and defeated.

However, the world hasn't ended just yet. There is still hope for those who survived for so long in this wretched outbreak, finding ways to fight back against this virus that seems to be duplicating faster than how they can keep up with. Furthermore, despite being amid the ruins of Echolysis City, we meet 6 teenagers barely scraping enough to survive each day, hiding away from sight. Instead of calling by their names, they call one another by a code name based off their expertise. Evade, the leader of the pack. Although he's not the oldest among them, he shows great leadership and fighting expertise. He earned this respect among his friends for saving them during this outbreak. Mei, his little sister, doesn't have a code name. She's the youngest of them all and has little experience or expertise in doing anything, making her an extremely vulnerable individual. She has always been innocent and can't do anything while the others fight for her safety, often feeling useless and guilty for being so weak. However, she contributes a lot to suggesting decent plans that are many times used from lack of other options and hers being the only one. Logic, probably the most loyal besides Mei to Evade. Her story with him goes a long way back, but it left her not willing to leave her current group. She always finalizes plans and is extremely quick on her feet. Recon, an extremely knowledgeable person. He often works with Logic to make a good plan to follow. Botany, and his name clearly states who he is. He is a person with excellent skills in Biology considering he was studying to become a Biologist. Finally, Kiln, who specializes in domestic tasks. Don't be fooled by her title, she burns even hotter than a Kiln when she feels threatened.

On a cold morning, they were doing their usual activities. Evade was keeping guard, Logic was planning a route for their next stop, Botany, Recon, and Kiln were researching, and unfortunately for Mei, she felt a little ill in the morning. It was silent until a loud scream broke the silence from Mei's room. This alerted everyone, and Evade, being the overprotective brother he was, rushes first to her room and finds a Zombie that broke through the planks on the window and entered the room. He grabs a nearby bat and swings in high force, knocking it out of the window, but it slowly got up again. Evade grabbed his sister's arm and fled out of the room, locking the door behind them. "What in the world just happened? Is she alright?" Panic starts to creep into their backs as they hear more pieces of wood snapping, no longer able to keep the Zombies out. "We have to leave, now!" Each person repeats in a panic as they grab something to defend themselves with. Evade raises his hand as he has previously practiced with the group before as their battle stance. They wait for the front door to give up, and *snap!* The front door bursts open and Evade closes his hands signaling to charge forward. They charge forward, clearing anything in their path whether it be a box or a Zombie. Logic anticipated this may happen and already had a plan to escape.