The next day

Lmao, can't believe I'm writing this. The edging story of the century 😂

Toast. That's how Derek felt. He was sitting on the opposite side of the man he only knew by reputation. Without any knowledge of the supernatural, he closed more cases than any previous sheriff to ever be in Beacon Hills. Handled all of his deputies in many unexplainable crises. And now, he not only knew who Derek was, but what he was too. He was hoping that all their history, being hunted down, knowing who did so many of the killings around town, and how many evil forces Derek's pack had stopped that it would give him some credit in the man's eyes.

He shouldn't have hoped for that at all.

The man was eating his steak without his eyes ever moving from Derek. He was being more than sized up, this man—Stiles' own dad, was planning his murder. The cold calculating look, Derek knew it too well. Thinking after he became the alpha, that he would never have to feel like he was being stalked. "Thank you so much for having Derek over for dinner, Pops." Stiles pressed on, acting as though his dad wasn't doing anything.

"Of course, kiddo. You know I always try and get home from the police station in time for dinner," Noah stabbed at his steak a little extra violently, "Sorry that I took an extra minute before sitting down, I just had to put my gun away." Derek really hoped Stiles couldn't hear the audible gulp that Derek just did.

"I know you work hard! That's why I love you. You always have my best interests at heart. You never overreact when you get a call. That's something I admire you for," Stiles countered causally. Derek could see now that Stiles was blatantly ignoring his dad's obvious innuendos on purpose. Derek was just happy he wasn't forced to speak—

"What does your friend here do for work?" Why does Derek have he worst luck on the planet. Stiles cleared his throat and looked to the alpha.

"I don't, sir," the man replied meekly, "I still have enough from my family," whatever hostility Noah was clearly sending his way was immediately filtered down after that comment. This time it was Noah's turn to clear his throat to become unassuming.

"I see, I hope that you've gotten by okay thus far."

"Of course, I definitely have been fine. Me and Peter have split a portion amicably, Cora hasn't needed anymore since her trip."

"How is Cora?" Stiles pressed, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That made Derek smile, the worst part was over. Conversation afterwards came much more naturally, without all the third degree Mr. Stilinski threw Derek's way. Finally, after the two were done talking, and it was time to leave, Noah went to hug Derek. The alpha watched Stiles from over his dad's shoulder, packing up the food and tucking it away.

"If you hurt him, you're more than dead," he whispered and then went right back to smiling as Stiles went in for a Stilinski hug.

"That went so much better than I was expecting!" Stiles excitedly got into the passenger side of the Camaro.

"Yup, totally not frightening at all," he let out a deep breath.

"Oh, you worry too much, my dad isn't going to kill you... Just all the usual forms of torture and imprisonment like any sane father would do," when the alpha shot his head towards Stiles, he laughed, "I'm just kidding."

"Don't joke like that, I felt like he was going to eat me!" He got onto the main road, towards his house.

"I mean, eating you doesn't sound to bad," he heard Stiles hum a little at his own joke. Almost immediately, Derek could feel the effects of his words. To make matters worse for Derek's pants situation, Stiles reached over and started groping his thigh. "Looks like you agree," Stiles practically purred. Derek had to double down on focusing on the road. Just when it looked dire for Derek's self control, Stiles's phone rang just in time to save him. These Stilinskis were very dangerous...

"Who is it?" Derek sighed in fake relief.

"What's up Scott?" Stiles gritted.

"How was dinner?" Derek rolled his eyes, of course Scott would want a lite update at the wrong time, again. Before Stiles answered, he snatched the phone out of Stiles' hand.

"We're enjoying dessert, goodbye," Derek grunted and hung up.

"My phone! What was that for?" Derek unzipped his pants and gave Stiles a look.

"Being eaten doesn't sound too bad anymore..."

Thank you all who come to my page! It's been a minute. This isn't me saying I'm coming back, this is me saying I'm here to do my best with what I've made. As always, whatever stories you love, please read them. Reread them even! Whatever stories that you like the most are important. And that's what matters, so if one of my stories is your favorite, please enjoy it as much as you want.