Chapter 8: Foreshadowing

a/n: so let's be real—the whole situation with Kento has been quite a rollercoaster innit, but this is all just to emphasize how difficult it is for the man to be comfortable with a decision he makes (related to his past struggles)

a/n: so let's be real—the whole situation with Kento has been quite a rollercoaster innit, but this is all just to emphasize how difficult it is for the man to be comfortable with a decision he makes (related to his past struggles). he'll always feel like somethings not right regardless, furthermore stressing about it and making impulsive decisions like the whole 'we're strangers' conversation.

and uhh spoiler alert: he regrets it

anways pls don't go all boggers when you find out Kento STILL has feelings for the girl despite blantly saying to her face that they're strangers. he's just confused and confuzzled little man

i promise this all plays out in favor but keep up 'cause it's gonna get a little wild!!

_

"Fuck," Kento whispers in a quiet stall isolated from his group. He's pulling out a bottle of pills from his pocket and staring at it for minutes. Fighting and fighting to resist.

But then.

A repetitive sound of a prescription bottle opening and closing, pills rattling and shaking, then falling into the same palm.

The palm of Kento.

The palm of a relapser—

An hour had passed by and it was a lunch break for the students and parents. Your group decided to pass by a restaurant since you were already in downtown Shibuya, where classical restaurants were the face of the city. You all head into a diner, order food and eat at a large 30 pax table.

It was only a coincidence that you and Kento ended up having to sit right beside each other. And since children were on one side and adults were on the other, Salem was too busy talking to her friends to even bother to notice the tension.

It was as if an elephant were in the room. Food was in front of you but neither of you ate. Anyone with a lick of common sense would know that something happened. And clearly, everyone had common sense because an adult nearby asked,

"Are you two going to eat? The food will get cold, y'know."

"Oh, yes." Kento shakes his head. "I just zoned out, my apologies."

You remained still as Kento dug the fork into his food, and placed it in between his lips.

"Eat." He whispers to you. Which causes you to tilt your head his way. You locked eyes with him, but it was hard to stay locked when his tender gaze still turned your stomach a 360 loophole. Fucking hell.

You look away. He continues eying your movements, expecting you to pick up your fork and actually start eating. Which eventually, you do. Only for the sake of your conscience.

"What's my eating to you anyways?" You whisper back with a partially full mouth, and he laughs. "I said we were strangers, not enemies."

"In my book, we're the latter." You say. But then, you immediately regret it when you notice how Kento takes a step back and drops his fork on the table, not a single response to your words.