𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒕, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓.

everything eats and is eaten.
-  morris june

Few weeks later

Few weeks later..

The soft breeze of the water goes through Salomé's hair, the salty smell of the water in Tuscany bringing a smile on her face as she just continues tying the rope of the boat.

Her skin was dark, kissed by the sun, she was true essence of warmth now. She was always outside, reconnecting herself with nature, attempting to reconnect herself with the rest of the world that she lost.

She had been working by the docks, she was working with a man named Bruno. Bruno was an older man, a bit older than her father. Him snd his wife were one of the couples that took the people from Misthaven in.. and Salomé was getting awfully close with them. She was making some small cash working with them on the boats, helping them catch fish, helping them hunt small things.. mainly seafood.. not anything like deer.. she hasn't even picked up her bow in god knows how long.

She was probably rusty at it now.

She was probably rusty at playing guitar now or singing.. it had been months. 

She brushed these thoughts away now because the sound of Bruno's voice echoed in the air. "You did a good job today Salomé! I mean.. you always do good— but you caught some mean fish today. Don't gotta worry about it for the next couple of days.. probably after we sell these.. you might have yourself a few days vacation."

"How lucky am I.." Salomé replied, laughing now as Bruno gently patted her shoulder starting to walk with her. "No I am being serious.. come on.. come on to the market with me. I'll buy you something.."

And the two began to walk towards the market now, Salomé just passing people by, children playing with each other, small hello's being passed at her which she had returned..

Though they eventually reached the market, the market was on the lower half of the village, down by the water. It was a bit dangerous to have a place of importance so close and so low to the water but Salomé did think it made the scenery beautiful.. especially the way the vines over grew the brick...

Bruno had pushed open the door now just kinda looking around as he starts to make his way in. "Whatcha feeling today Salomé? Something savory? Sweet? Something salty?"

"I think I might take something sweet.." She states, looking around as she finds a small package of cookies in the shape of hearts .. the color and the shape alone was something that got her interested ..

".. Those are cute." Bruno says, taking the package into his hands now, "Made in house too.. I bet you that Suzanna made those. Whatcha think?" 

"Probably." Salomé replied, continuing to walk with him.

Suzanna was one of the cashiers there.. she was excellent at baking. After Salomé had cried to her dad about Caius, Charles had surprised her with a set of cupcakes.. they were delicious. Delicious enough it made her stop thinking about the pain in her chest for a couple of moments..