Chapter 7 | Fragile Trust

Nahush's POV

"I'm your wife so I will meddle in your business!" I did not like her raised voice and her tone. I was so stressed with my work. I knew that she was worried about me but her constant questioning was not helping me. I had twisted her hand behind her back, tightly gripped her mouth, and in furry I said, "Watch your mouth while talking to me. Never, I repeat never raise your voice in front of me. Do it again and you will not like to see that sight of me."

I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have removed my office anger and frustration on her. No matter how much I try, I always end up hurting her and she always ends up forgiving me.

There is a limit to everything. I crave her forgiveness which she will never give.

Getting up from the sofa, I went to the kitchen and had a glass of water. I miss her. I miss her like hell. Only if I had removed the insecurities from my mind and had started trusting we would have been living happily with each other. Only if...

The next day afternoon I was just done with a meeting. We finalized a deal that was one of the biggest deals for my company and my growth.

Finally relaxed, I was having my food in my cabin when my mobile rang. It's mom. I did not talk with my family for a few days.

"Hey Mom, how are you?"

"Beta (Son)..." her voice breaks. By her voice, I could sense that Mom had cried.

"I'm sorry. I'm really... really sorry." She sobbed.

"Mom, calm down. Take a deep breath and tell me what happened. Why are you crying and why sorry?" God, what must have happened to her?

"Nishant told us... He lied," she sniffed making me hold my head and huff a breath.

I know why he must have told the truth after so many months.

Third Person's POV

The previous night Nishant held a family gathering making sure to have all those people who were there on that fateful day present in the gathering.

He told them that whatever he said about Malli was all a lie.

Why all of a sudden, after so many months? Well, the answer is Nahush, the immense love Nishant has for him. After what he did Nishant expected Nahush to beat him up, curse him, hell... could even charge a criminal case against him and he would have bored it but not this. Not the silence of his brother. He could bear anything but not his brother's silence, and ignorance, keeping him out of his life and not talking to him.

Nahush knew exactly how to punish the person who had tarnished his wife's character and reputation and he did exactly that.

Beating him up would have been a very easy punishment for him. For what he did to Malli and him, he would have to bear the invisible scars that only his ignorance can give. It would pierce his heart.

Why won't it when he knows how much Nishant loves him? The love and respect he has for his brother is immense. Their bond has always been unbreakable. He can be a naughty little spoiled son, a Playboy, but could never do anything to hurt his elder brother and younger sister.

Whenever Nahush gets hurt physically or emotionally, Nishant gets hurt multiple times. When Nahush is happy, he is the happiest person. Nahush's every worry is his worry. Nishant cannot bear seeing his Dada hurt. Hell, he cannot bear anyone deceiving him. His heart always burns to see him in pain but always hides it in the facade of a happy face and a jolly personality. But he cannot hide his true self in front of Nahush. A true self that is very sensitive and emotional.