Welcome to Nigeria

Thursday.

"Let's go " mum said.

I waved at the family members and everyone that accompanied us to the airport.

I will miss them.

I walked into the plane with my bag and looked for my number. I was sitting besides my mum.

I kept my bag where it is meant to be kept and then sat down.

I sighed. "Mum, I'll miss everyone so much" I made sure I sat down comfortably on the chair and then picked a magazine.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it" she said and carried a magazine too.

Used to it?

"I thought we were going to come back?" I asked shifting from the chair to look at my mum.

She turned to me and then smiled. "No"

No?

"You lied?" I asked unbelievably. My mum isn't someone I know to lie.

"No baby. I didn't know we weren't going to come back. I just received a call yesterday telling us that it is a permanent position. I didn't lie." She seemed angry saying that but I was more angry hearing this.

I had left some important things thinking we will come back.

God!

We were instructed to put our seatbelts before the airplane started and I did so.

I have been in an airplane before but it was when I was really little like 7 and now I'm 15.

8 good years ago.

I sighed and relaxed on the chair thinking of my American Life.

I spent all my years here.

I said my first words here.

I had my first friends here.

I went to my first school here.

I had my first gadgets here.

My first love was here.

Love?

No. I mean, crush Zack.

He was in the same class as I was and he is very cute. He is a black American and he is smart.

I will miss him even though I never really spoke to him throughout that class.

Nigeria. I thought.

I looked outside the window.

How will Nigeria be for me?

I heard about their bad network and unstable light.

Do they even have fine guys?

They actually do but all of them aren't as cute as my Zack.

Zack is my Jace Norman.