⁰⁰ 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴 : a week in quantico

✮ꜜ

❛ A WEEK IN QUANTICO! ❜₊˚៹

₊˚៹ . ❪ PRE : EPISODE 1 ❫˖ ₊˚.⋆
࿐┊PROLOGUE┊🔮🪄

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"𝐒he's so gorgeous, I'm going to vomit." Avanie finds herself snorting at her cousin's dramatics. She hadn't expected the building to be so chilly, and she cursed herself inwardly for opting out of wearing a sweater over her halter. The Forensics Investigation Unit was no place fit for a child, so Delilah had told Avanie to meet her on the 4th floor, which housed the agents that worked for the Behavioral Analysis Unit. Delilah had been working for the bureau for about two years, in that time she'd made it clear how much her unit despised the agents that worked in the BAU.

But, she was willing to make an exception to finally meet her baby cousin's baby girl. Alana, was the most precious kid she'd ever laid eyes on, and she couldn't wait to watch her grow up, and to spoil her rotten. Avanie only chuckles at Delilah's turn of phrase, her own heart swelling with unparalleled pride as Delilah adjusted to cradle Alana's head. "She's gonna look just like you." she insists, and Avanie takes in a sharp breath, everyone so far had said the opposite. They'd said all of Alana's genes had come from her father, so it was nice to hear something different.

Growing up, she had never expected to have a kid this early, she was barely twenty-one, but she didn't ──── couldn't regret her to save her life. She'd made a great deal of mistakes so far, but Alana had managed to be the first big thing she'd managed to get right, and she'd do whatever it took to make sure she didn't fail her. That unlike herself, her daughter would never see the world the way she did. She supposed that's why she'd ran off in the middle of the night, and hopped on the plane to Virginia. For a start in the right direction.

Her cousin Delilah was nothing like the rest of her family, she was good ──── genuinely good, and maybe some of that would rub off on Avanie and Alana too. She's holding the swaddled baby in her arms, cooing under her breath as she rocks them both from side to side. Delilah had seemingly fallen in love with her new cousin, the tiny child too pretty to be real. She already had a head full of hair, pretty eyes and lashes that were clearly a product of her mother. "You're the only person that thinks so." Avanie tries not to sound disappointed, but Delilah picks up on it.

"Screw everyone else." Delilah insists, and she's handing Alana back to her mother. She notes how calm of a baby Alana was, she hardly stirred as she was passed back, settling in almost instantly. Her face serene as she inhaled and exhaled, pulled deeper into her sleep. "She's your baby." Delilah reminds her, the younger of the two sniffling as she offers a small smile. "I'm happy that you're here." Delilah adds a moment after, and she looks a bit sheepish. "Especially now." she lowers her voice, despite the fact no one had acknowledged them since they'd stepped off the elevator. Avanie plays dumb, she found over the years she was good at it.