To Whom These Empty Words Sing to: Chapter 0

Chapter 0: To Whom These Empty Words Sing to
What brings people joy?

Is it being better than someone else in an activity?

Is it having a sense of satisfaction in oneself?

Is it being superior to other people?

At the end of the day...

I won't be able to make that choice at all anymore. I can't find that question anymore. I can't find that answer anymore, none of us can anymore. Not when the "White" took our world from us, slowly but surely. It started with bleached spots where there was no rational manner for that white blotch to be in. Then it spread, and that spreading bleaching spot went from a stain akin to a sauce placing itself ironically, on a white shirt. I still remember watching the clip of what it even does to people in the Hiroshima Bleach. When it was allowed to spread for a month it started to "consume" small animals that were unfortunate enough to fall into its boundary...

It was like a liquid but held a solid shape until something fell upon its space to where it returned to the liquid-like state to "consume" whatever it wanted. I remember seeing one in my hometown too. I used it for a free win at my Science Fair in High School. Since no one was ever able to even get a sample, my getting one even impressed the government; making them stop by to ask me how. I don't even recall how I did it, maybe by sheer luck. Maybe it was planned, my memory is foggy on how I did it. The Government used that sample in a lab, one they used to study non-natural phenomena; that's where someone there broke its container. One that used my old laptop, mind you, but that caused the whole lab to be eaten in the manner of moments. Making one of the largest Bleaches that our country has faced. This almost caused evacuations immediately, as people had their lives uprooted by the Bleach just eating things and causing people to "forget".

That was the most dangerous thing to the Bleach...

When something was consumed in the Bleach if it was unique in any manner not a single soul would remember it even having a being in this world. I have seen many of my friends he "Bleached", and I forget all about them until now... Guys, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for being so forgetful like I always am. In the next life, I will be better.

It is time to go, so I should not be angry at all. Smile because we can live, life being the ultimate gift. What we do with it is what makes it all so precious, if we become hungry to succeed. They will go out to be successful in their field. If they want to aid people, they will aid people even if at the cost of themself. It was their choice to do what they wanted to. But that is all gone now...

__

The advancement of this all-consuming White is truly to end the planet Earth, isn't it? It seems like retribution from the Earth itself that the ever curious and greedy hands of man were the same beings that would end not only themselves but the planet that housed them. For many people it was a time for panic, it was the end of the day. For others, it is time for violence as if everything will end... why not bring everything down with them? Nothing of worth will be kept anyway. For a tiny minority, they prayed. Maybe, their God will bring them to paradise on this day of Apocalypse. But for one man who has always felt alone; he is asking for forgiveness from those long gone. For him, the past is his regret as he is fine with his current situation, he has accepted this is the end. So, it is just time for the world to move on and become something better without meddling hands. The weapon this man holds; a glaive that looks akin to a naginata mixing with a medieval halberd is slowly and gently placed on the ground in front of him. It is time to move on now, is the only thing through this man's mind as the only thing in front of him is the all-consuming White Void that is taking everyone else, outside of himself who can see all of this. The pain, the sorrow, the fanaticism... are all gone now. Outside of the howling winds of where this man is, there is no more noise. Then, the winds ended, they are now gone. Finally, he is. Earth is now gone, bleached...