1.

"Drink for the pretty lady," Xavier slid the sparkling cocktail to the woman he was set to pick that night

"Drink for the pretty lady," Xavier slid the sparkling cocktail to the woman he was set to pick that night. One long-term victory for tonight should've been enough for Xavier. But it wasn't. He had left the party in Xeuvre, his family mansion, his father had thrown. Xavier was the CEO of Burton's corporations now. And, his father wanted everybody to know. Xavier knew it was the beginning. One milestone crossed. No time for celebration. So, he had avoided the crowd and got out as soon as he could, found a country bar on his road for nowhere and settled down for few drinks.

In the middle of his first drink, Xavier had found her settled on the table right against his. He noticed she picked one corn, as meticulously as they come from a chopstick, at a time while sipping on her cocktail. The corns were too many and before long, she had finished her drink and ordered another. She looked around while waiting for her order and her eyes met his; a beautiful emerald, outshining her blond mess of her hair. She blinked and for a brief moment, a sense of familiarity overwhelmed him. Before Xavier could make anything out of this, her order arrived and she started drinking again. She opened those soft, sinner lips and took another sip. Xavier let his eyes slip down her.

She was wearing a black lacy dress. It had a deep neck and the creamy flesh peeking out of there kept his eyes lingering over there a moment longer than needed. The dress was old school and reached well down her knees. Shapely long legs spread down didn't disappoint him. She had a black belle with a little golden ribbon on it.

Xavier had slowly undressed her with her eyes and he knew he would enjoy it as much in real. Because the hard on he was getting was as real as it could get.

He had waited. He was certain once she was out of his face, she would be out of her mind. And, soon, she would leave. Perhaps.

It was already her sixth bottle and each time, her choice in alcohol was stronger than the last. Xavier knew, in no time, she would be completely wasted. And, then, he had found himself buying her the drink and waiting for her response. He certainly didn't want her tipsy.

Her chopstick holding another corn out of the toast stopped midair. The green emerald met his hazel depth. Her nose crinkled, and she frowned. The overwhelming sense of familiarity hit him hard. What was it? Before he could've delved deep, she moved closer to him. She smelled of pine Vanilla, wine, and woman. He held himself from moving closer and burying his face into her neck.

An easy smile played on her lips. "If I were you, I would do better than this."

In her previous births, her voice must've belonged to a seductress because she sounded as one. Xavier raised an eyebrow. He picked whoever he wanted from the crowd and he always managed to get them. "Except you, everybody knows I am already doing better than them."

She wasn't amused in the least. She took her time and leisurely sipped her drink. She, altogether, ignored Xavier's drink. Then, as if she had nothing to do attitude, she ran her eyes over him. At that moment, he became very aware of his attire. Navy blue coat, with a neck tie over his collared white shirt and matching pants with his coat. He had sharp features enough to keep everybody on edge. Though, he had trained himself like an animal and that ruggedness itched on his face. Everybody knew he wasn't there because of his name. He had worked his ass off on the down floor before he even had a glimpse of the top floor.