Confrontation

Do you ever regret of decision that you wish you didn't do?

Well, I do have regrets, and one of the biggest is the mistake that ended my relationship with Pete. We were together for four incredible years, but it all came crashing down because of my own stupid mistake.

We were deeply in love, and after graduating, we decided to live together. His family had welcomed me with open arms, and my mom adored him like a son. It was as if we were meant to be, like two pieces of a puzzle fitting together perfectly.

Our first meeting was at a college booth at the university I attended. I was one of the handlers, and he had just graduated and came to enroll. There was an event happening, when he entered the door that's when I first laid eyes on him. I knew right then and there that I had fallen for him.

I approached him, showed him our game, and explained the rules. Then, I persuaded him to give it a try. The game was simple: a question would come out of a box, and if they answered wrong, a small paper plate with whipped cream would pop out and hit them in the face. The goal was to answer five questions correctly to win a prize.

I was surprised when Pete answered all five questions correctly, while other students couldn't even make it past the second question. When he won, I asked for his contact number, but I wasn't expecting him to have a bad attitude. He didn't even accept the prize and just left without saying a word.  I thought that was the end of our meeting, but fate had other plans.

Two weeks later, I bumped into him outside an expensive restaurant. He was running out, tears streaming down his face. We collided, and our faces were inches apart. I saw the desperation in his eyes, and I knew he was going through a tough time.

We didn't fall over and accidentally kiss like in the movies but instead our faces was close. I saw his eyes that time. I saw how broken he was.

He pushed me back and ran away again without saying a word, but I didn't take it personally. I could sense that he was struggling with something.

A month later, we met again in a library in the United States. I was there because my grandmother is sick and was asking for us to come home.

As a book lover, I always go to library and fint something interesting to read. When I was looking for a book to read. There, I saw Pete on the other side of the room, and when our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat. I felt an electric spark in my stomach, but he seemed to not recognize me at all. He didn't even know my name.

I didn't let the opportunity slip away. I ran to him and introduced myself, telling him about our previous encounters. He stared at me with no emotion, but I didn't give up. I told him about the game, our first meeting, and how I wanted to get to know him better. His response was cold, but I didn't judge him because anyone would think I'm a crazy. Approaching a stranger and talking so much like a close to them.

From that day on, when we returned to Thailand, I made it a point to find him everywhere. My friends helped me track him down, and I would often follow him to his classes. When I didn't have classes, I'd visit his faculty, and when he ate, I'd join him. It took a year for him to open up to me, but eventually, he did.

It took a year for him to finally open up to me, but as we spent more time together, he slowly fell for me.

He admitted his feelings, and I asked if I could be his boyfriend. He said yes, and we were inseparable.

We enjoyed every moment, from late-night talks to midnight movie dates, and even took trips together. He was the best thing that had ever happened to me, and yet, I betrayed him.