Seven - Freaking Out

Lexi

Dex talked the whole way, but I was too absorbed in replaying what had just happened, and didn't catch any of it. I had had enough forethought to keep a polite smile on my face, however, not wanting to later be accused of appearing rude towards Declan.

As we approached my English class, his words finally penetrated my thoughts.

"Oh, and you'll need to buy a swimsuit, if you don't already have one.

"Huh?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

"For the movie night on Friday." My lack of response must have clued him into just how little I knew about the event. "We sometimes enjoy the Jacuzzi for a bit before we head in to the theater room. It's a great way to relax after a full week of school, so we can enjoy the movie better."

I just stared at him, speechless. I can't wear a swimsuit around anyone, not with the bruises still so fresh.

"Anyway, I'll see ya later, Lexi!" He waved as he jogged the remaining distance down the hallway.

The rest of the day passed by in a blur, as I found my mind stuck on what Declan had said. I'll have to see if I can find a way to get out of going. It's not like the guys really have a problem leaving me alone, or as though anyone going actually wants me there.

I met up with the guys after school ended. I hadn't intended to, but they were waiting in front of the door, literally blocking the exit.

I pasted on a fake smile as I approached. I was feeling anxious about the upcoming movie night, so couldn't really manage more than a small smile, but smiling seemed to appease Asher. I don't think it mattered that it was insincere, as long as the expression on my face made it look like I was making an effort to be more accommodating towards the group.

"Hey Lexi!" Declan's smile was sincere as I reached their blockade.

"Hello, Dex. Is there any reason you all are preventing other students from leaving?"I asked him.

"Not students; just you," was Asher’s reply.

I shifted my eyes to his, my left brow arching. "I'm not allowed to leave?"

"Oh, you can leave," Grayson answered, "but Asher thought you might want a ride home. So we decided to wait by the door, to make sure we didn't miss you."

"Seems Asher has been doing a lot of thinking on my behalf today..." I commented, still staring into Asher's eyes.

He just gazed back, refusing to respond, or to react to the challenge I was sure was conveyed in my eyes.

As no response was forthcoming I looked to Grayson before continuing, "...but this is a bit more than 'waiting by the door.' You guys are completely blocking the main exit."

"Yeah well, we wanted to make sure we didn't miss you going through without us seeing," as Gray's response.

I guess they figured I wasn't likely to go out the other door. Just because the bus stop was in the parking lot near this entrance doesn't mean I couldn't have gone the long way. I sighed, my smile becoming a bit brittle as I gritted my teeth.

"Fine, can we go now, so the rest of the school can get by? I'm sure other students would like to go home as we'll." I was mostly joking, though there were a couple freshmen who had gathered nearby. They looked hesitant to attempt to go through the wall of testosterone.
Gray and Dex both grinned at my statement. Blaine shrugged, and Asher rolled his eyes like he really didn't care if people got by or not.

They all started out the door, Asher pausing to wait for me to exit ahead of him. I hesitated a moment as I noticed the group of freshmen visibly relax and drift towards the door.