Find Me In Your Chaos (Un-edited)

Fast Forward 2019:

"Are you kidding me eonnie? Jeongmalyo?!" She couldn't curb her excitement upon hearing the most exciting news.

"Nae! One of the actors bailed and we need someone in a hurry. You won't have a speaking role yet, you will simply be walking in the background. But this is a start y'know," Da-Eun responded.

"Nae Nae arayo eonnie, anything will do. Omo! Omooo!! I can't believe this! Aaaaah! Jeongmal gamsahamnidaaaaa! Eonnieeeee!!" She couldn't stop screaming.

Ji Won had always been interested in the art of acting, even if it's to play a minor role. Da-Eun hadn't forgotten that. The moment she heard one of the extras couldn't make it, she immediately rang Ji Won to let her know she could take that place.

Lee Ji Won, the second daughter to a Korean father and American mother, moved to Seoul 7 months ago, in hopes of expanding her career. She'd been auditioning for roles in dramas ever since but has not been lucky until now. Her sister's friend, Da-Eun who works as a casting director, was the one who called her bearing this exciting news. In fact, she had been the one to push Ji Won to move to Seoul.

28 year old Ji Won has made quite an impact on social media as an 'Influencer' especially in the US, with almost 1 million followers on Instagram and 1.3 million followers on Tiktok. She could very well live a comfortable life with the amount she generates from social media but that was never her dream. She had always wanted to act, and also learn Hangeul (Korean) in depth. She can speak fluently but writing is a whole different ball game.

"Eonnie, will you be there too?" she asked Da-Eun nervously. This would be her very first time acting or being in a drama set.

"I'll be there tomorrow. Khogjongmasaeyo hmm?" Da-Eun assured her.

"I'm sooo excited!" She cooed.

Da-Eun explained all the logistics and that she would have to spend at least 2 weeks shooting, which Ji Won gladly oblige.

"See you tomorrow eonnie!"

She woke up early next morning as it was bound to be a busy day. Da-Eun picked her up for breakfast and they headed straight to the drama set.

The set was much more busier than Ji Won presumed, everyone was everywhere. After signing her contract, Da-Eun introduced her to the costume director informing him that she will be playing one of the extras and Da-Eun was quickly whisked towards the hair and make up/ wardrobe section. There was another section with separate trailers for the main leads and Da-Eun had left her to check on other things. Ji Won was curious but didn't ask who the leads are, she was simply happy she got to play a minor role in a drama, it didn't matter what drama it was. This was the start of something new and that was all the consolation she needed. All she knew was that this was a period/historical drama. Everything else was so hush hush that she didn't bother asking more information.

She and a couple of girls were all waiting their turns to get ready. Some spoke to her, making small talk and were shocked to find she isn't Korean.

"I would never have guessed you are not pure Korean at a glance," one girl stated.

"Haha thank you! I still have so much to learn," Ji Won responded.

"Well you are very good. But you do look a bit different if I look closer," the girl quipped.

"Umm..I..I know."

Her make up, hair and costume were quickly done, all she had to do was wait. She and the others were all supposed to play palace maids from the Joseon dynasty.

Time ticked and ticked and ticked, she had no idea being in a drama meant playing the 'waiting game.' She was bored out of her mind, checking her Instagram when Da-Eun called her.