Finding Your Picture

Hey!

Are you new to Wattpad and don't really get how to make a cover by yourself on your phone?

Are you just a person that just sucks at covers and blames it on your phone? (It's totally you, by the way.)

Anyways, the first step to cover making is to pick a picture.

You probably have the Wattpad covers app. I'm going to say this once and I hope I don't have to repeat myself:

DO NOT USE THE PICTURES ON THAT APP.

You know I'm being serious when I write in caps.

The pictures on that app are from a site called 500 px. They're pictures of actual people and unless you wanna search up that random person's name to put in your cast than I wouldn't suggest the pics there.

Plus, wouldn't you rather have a model than some average stranger as your main character?

Anyways, I'd still suggest you use the Wattpad cover app, but only for cropping your picture because literally NO other apps have that special cropping for Wattpad covers.

Now, you just have to go on the Internet and do the following options:

A) If you have a specific celeb as your main character than feel free to have a pic of them as your cover. However using one of their appearances at say: an awards show or some headshot. THAT JUST MAKES YOUR COVER LOOK UNPROFESSIONAL. Maybe you could search up drawings of that person if they're pretty famous. Drawings of a celeb look better in my opinion than the actual pictures of that person. Just make sure that the drawings have good lighting or else your cover will look like shit.

B) If you don't have someone acting as your main character than you can just search up artsy drawings to use as your covers. I'd highly suggest 'watercolor drawings of ___ tumblr' or 'drawings of ____ tumblr'. That way, you'll get higher quality drawings that aren't just blatantly digitally drawn.

(If you want this type of cover and have like say...Nina Dobrev as your main character and don't want her face as your cover than you could always type in 'drawings of faceless girls tumblr'.)

That's all for the image part of your cover, next: we move on to the font apps you should use.

*make sure you aren't plagiarizing anybody*

*i make my covers on my iPhone6, so some apps might be different for you*