8 letters

Have you ever been hurt by love?

Have you experienced losing the trust you gave to someone you thought you would be spending your life with?

Nagmahal lang naman ako 'di ba? Wala namang mali roon. Kaya bakit? Anong ginawa ko bang mali para masaktan ng ganito?

"Ian!"

Napalingon ako sa direksyon kung saan narinig kong may tumawag sa pangalan ko, and there I see my girlfriend.

"Rev..." I whispered.

She was running to close the space between us. Pagkalapit niya sa'kin ay bigla niya akong niyakap ng mahigpit.

"I saw the news. Are you alright?" she asked. Ah, right.

"Of course, I'm fine, love. Matagal na akong nakamove-on sa kanya," I replied.

She looked at me straight in the eye. Hindi nakatakas sa'kin ang sakit na panandaliang dumaan sa kanyang mga mata. Then she smiled.

"Hmm... you do know that I love you, right?"

"Yes, I know,"

"Do you love me too?"

It took me seconds to reply to her question. I love her. Right?

"Yes, I do Rev,"

But why do I feel like I don't?

As I lay down on my bed, napa-isip ako sa tanong ni Reverie.

I know that Rev will never hurt me. She saw me at my worst and stayed with me until I became the best. She always makes sure that my feelings are valid and that it is okay not to feel okay. She is the girl that every man would be thankful for having her in their life.

But am I ready to love again?

Handa na ba ulit akong magtiwala sa isang tao?

Is she worth the risk?

Am I worth the risk?

"Happy monthsary, Ian!" bati niya sa akin.

"Happy monthsary, Rev. Mukhang may plinano ka ngayong araw ah? Iba ang ngiti mo eh, "sabi ko sa kanya.

"Syempre! pinaghandaan ko talaga tong araw na ito no, sixth monthsary kaya natin. Akalain mo yon 6 months na tayo," she replied.

I gently held her hands and placed them near my lips. "Thank you for everything, Rev."

She squeezed my other hand and replied, "All for you, my love..." not knowing that this would be the last time.

"Saan ba tayo pupunta? Tsaka dapat ako ang magsusurprise sa'yo not the other way around," I chuckled.

"Arte mo ha, ikaw na nga itong isusurprise. Tulak kita diyan e," inis niyang sabi, and I can't help to laugh at her tone. Cute.

"In a count of three, tanggalin mo yung blind fold. In three ha kakaltukan kita," naramdaman ko ang pagbitaw niya sa akin at pumunta papalayo sa pwesto ko.

"1...2...3!"

Tinaggal ko ang blindfold, and I didn't expect what happened next. I saw Reverie with someone very familiar. Someone whom I once dreamed of spending the rest of my life with.

Confusion was evident in my face. I was about to go near them when Reverie spoke.

"Happy monthsary, Ian. I hope you liked my surprise..."

I slowly walked near her, with so many thoughts running through my mind.

"Rev? Why...I...I can't understand,"