PART I: S H A D O W S

Siobhan Sloane, a shy and naive girl from Nottingham, is uprooted from her simple life when her magic manifests. Under the mentorship of Professor Fig, she travels to Hogwarts, not realizing her life will never be the same. Homesick and burdened with a responsibility she never wanted, Siobhan struggles to acclimate to the wizarding world.

Preoccupied with finding a cure for his twin sister, Sebastian Sallow pays little attention to the new fifth year until their paths converge, and an unlikely bond forms. Together, they investigate the mystery surrounding Siobhan's ancient magic, and unearth long-forgotten secrets that the school would rather remain buried.

Despite the danger and warnings from new found friendships, Siobhan is compelled to chase after the truth, even if it kills her. L'appel du vide—it is the call of the void.

 L'appel du vide—it is the call of the void

art by flamboyantjelly

Part II and Part III to follow...

Themes: 'Void' is rated MATURE for (canon-typical) violence, references and descriptions of death, emotional trauma (not limited to PTSD, anxiety, depression) and behaviors to be expected from teenaged wizards such as: underage drinking, magical drug use, cursing (words and otherwise), and general tomfoolery. The characters have been slightly aged up, so that they are 16 going on 17 in fifth year. While there will eventually be some kind of sexual content in later parts and chapters, due to Wattpad's TOS, detailed passages/chapters will only be available on Ao3. Some chapters may have additional or specific warnings if I deem them necessary.

Additional Tags: Canon divergent, slow burn, friends to lovers, Hufflepuff MC, Muggleborn MC

More info: This story is a long time coming, and something I've been wanting to write for a long time, but didn't want to commit to until I had finished MMHS and felt like I had the adequate brain power to do so. I always wanted to share my version (canon) of events taking place in 5th year and beyond, while showcasing Sloane's character development and her relationship with Sebastian.

The first part of 'Void' will cover game events (5th year), though there will be a lot of divergence from gameplay in terms of timeline, dialogue, and character appearances. For example, the cast of characters have been slightly aged up to fit with the themes of the story. That's the fun of fanfic, after all—I get to do whatever I want! Please know that any changes are made to fit the narrative I'm going for in the grand scheme of things, as this epic tale will expand through the end of 7th year. There's lots of little plot bunnies, running gags and plot threads to intertwine!

As of right now, I am committing myself to having at least one update a week, though there might be more or less depending on my real-life situations and brain capacity. There are a few chapters pre-written, and I anticipate them being anywhere between 3-5k words each.

If you'd like to keep up with story updates or my creative process, I am on tumblr (sloanesallow), and also have a story thread on a Hogwarts Legacy server (18+) where I overshare and scream with my friends

If you'd like to keep up with story updates or my creative process, I am on tumblr (sloanesallow), and also have a story thread on a Hogwarts Legacy server (18+) where I overshare and scream with my friends. (This is invite only, if you can find a way to DM me, I can send an invite).

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy this labor of love. Upvotes and comments are greatly appreciated. :)