twenty five

"Hey." Travis looked over when we got back to Mom's cottage. "Thank you. Today was really amazing. I loved it."

"I'm glad you had a good time." I smiled. "Thirty is a special age." Then I giggled. "I'm dating someone in their thirties."

"How scandalous." Travis winked at me, grinning.

We went inside, moving quietly in case Mom was asleep. I couldn't hear anything so assumed she was, locking the door quietly and stepping out of my shoes. When I straightened up, I smiled when I saw Travis looking down at me. The look on his face was so soft, tender, and I lost myself in it.

"You want to watch a movie or something?" I asked, not ready for today to be over just yet.

"Sure." Travis murmured, taking my hand as I led him down the living room. "Or we could just..." He pulled me into his arms at the end of the hallway and kissed me, hard.

"Straight to it huh?" I murmured.

"You know I can't keep myself off you." Travis' hands circled my waist, pulling me close. I let out a little laugh as he sucked on my bottom lip, teasing me. His kisses slowed, deepened, and my head spun as Travis pushed me gently up the nearest wall, exploring my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, arching my body forwards. Travis slipped one hand down my waist, over my ass, holding me tightly against his body. I sighed, my stomach clenching as heat shot through me. God, I knew I couldn't have him here, but maybe one time couldn't hurt.

Then there was a soft click, and the room was suddenly bathed in dim light. Travis and I both jumped, looking around to see Mom sitting on the armchair, her kindle in her lap. I blushed as she smirked knowingly

"You kids have fun?" She asked as Travis and I shifted apart awkwardly.

"Yeah, it was great." I smiled, taking my phone and going over to show her the video of Travis and the birthday dessert. Travis sighed at me as I played it for her, going off to use the bathroom. "Travis and I have to leave tomorrow." I told Mom once I'd put my phone down. I figured Travis would want to spend tomorrow night at home before having to coach on Monday. "Is that okay, or would you rather I stay?"

"Oh no darling, you go." Mom rested a hand on my arm. "I'll be fine."

"Yeah?" I wanted to make sure. I'd stay if she needed me to, but I did want to go home. Mom nodded. "Okay." I rested my hand on top of hers. "But you'll call me when something happens right?"

"You know Ruby will if I don't." Mom joked, and I managed a small laugh. 

I convinced her to go to bed and get some rest, and once I'd made sure that Mom was settled in and feeling alright, I went down to the spare bedroom. Travis had obviously just come out of the shower and was rifling through his bag, a towel wrapped low around his hips. My gaze caught on the sculpted v that disappeared between the towel and I bit on the inside of my lip as I closed the door.

"You're staring." Travis murmured.

"You're half naked." I defended myself, and he chuckled at me. "We'll leave tomorrow." I told him as I let my hair down, shaking it out around my shoulders. "I figured you'd need some time to sort things out before Monday."

"Thanks beautiful, you sure you're good to come with me?" He asked, and I nodded. "You should bring that dress home, I love that on you." He winked.

"Yeah?" I murmured. "You like it better on or off?" Travis blinked and then smiled, his gaze dropping to my dress. 

"You trying to tease me beautiful?"

"Maybe." I winked at him, stepping forwards and sliding my hands around his waist just above his towel. Lifting up on my toes, I kissed him lightly, sliding my tongue across his bottom lip. Travis groaned as I tugged gently to drop his towel to the ground and I gasped into his mouth as he pulled me close, feeling him hard against my hip.