ˏˋ20*➷ 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

╰┈➤ ❝ [ I've been sleeping so long in a 20-year dark night ]❞

HAN SEO-JUN WAS VERY ANXIOUS. Typically he wasn't the type to frequently experience any sort of feelings like uncertainness, he always liked to be confident in himself and don't let little things worry him. In fact, before his encounter at school the day before with Ji-an, he hadn't been worried in the slightest about the dinner his mother had planned. Now, he couldn't help but ponder if agreeing to the dinner was a good idea. Soo-jin's words continued circling around the back of his mind, knowing the girl had been right.

The dinner could go right or terribly wrong.

His uneasiness heightened by the second as he watched his mother excitedly prepare the dinning table. They never used it. Normally, they used the small table that was in the middle of their living room, but his mother claimed she wanted it to be special therefore they will use the bigger one. His sister was also looking forward to it even if she didn't say it.

Han Seo-jun had faith in Ji-an's lying skills, but he also couldn't discredit his mother's curiosity. She'll obviously ask questions and will want every detail, and if they don't give it to her the moment she asks, best believe she'll continue going at it later on until she gets the answer she wants to hear. On the sofa, Seo-jun stared back and forth between his mother and the front door, wondering if it was too late to cancel everything. He wasn't the type to chicken out easily but he never went over anything with Ji-an and the chances of their act looking believable worried him.

Now that he thought about it they actually never planned anything beforehand. They only had a set of rules they had agreed on and nothing more. It was almost like they wanted to purposely make their fake relationship fail. Seo-jun raised to his feet ready to tell his mother that Ji-an wouldn't be able to make it. However, a soft knock came from the front door, then it slowly opened, revealing a hesitant Kim Ji-an. Han Seo-jun felt his heart drop at the sigh, knowing there was no turning back now.

Seo-juns mother grinned ear to ear at the sight of the girl. She quickly stopped what she was doing at the table to go greet her with a hug. "It's so good to see you, Ji-an! How are you?"

Ji-an reciprocated the smile. "I'm good! Just a little tired from the day. " More like she was nervous to be there, specially after how long it's been. The last time she was at the Han's household, it was three years ago, close to New Year's Eve when Seo-jun had shown her one of his songs. It was beautiful and Ji-an could still remember the soft melody and the heartwarming lyrics. She still wonders If Seo-jun ever played the song to the person it was dedicated to. She really hoped he did.

Mi-Hyang gently squeezed Ji-an's arm. "I was looking forward to have you come visit. If it hadn't been for me, someone over there wouldn't have thought of inviting you over for dinner." She shook her head and gave Seo-jun a quick glance. "Here I thought I had raised him better, but I'll let it slide. You're his first girlfriend after all."