23. I can look at my wife all I want!

Few days later,

Few days later,

As Mayura’s hands trembled slightly while she adjusted her dress, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from her. She stood across the room, her gaze darting up to meet mine with a mixture of curiosity and shyness. Her cheeks flushed a soft pink as I watched her intently, every curve of her face and strand of her hair captivating me.

The air between us crackled with an electric tension. The room seemed to disappear, leaving just the two of us locked in a moment of profound connection. Her breath caught in her throat, her lips parting slightly, as if inviting me to come closer. My gaze was a gentle caress, a silent admiration that spoke of my deep affection for her.

Time seemed to stand still as I absorbed every detail of her beauty, feeling my heart race with an intensity that matched hers. I could see the flutter of her heart in her eyes, mirroring the pounding of mine.

Unable to contain my curiosity any longer, Mayura finally broke the silence. Her voice was barely a whisper. "Why are you looking at me like that, Abhimaan?"

My smile was a blend of charm and sincerity. "My wife," I said, my voice low and husky, "I can look at you all I want. You're mine, and I can't get enough of your beauty."

Her blush deepened, and she smiled, her heart skipping a beat at my possessive words. The tension between us shifted from heavy to sweet, a playful energy that filled the room like a gentle breeze.

As we settled down for breakfast, the atmosphere between us was no longer awkward like our first days  . Instead, it was filled with playful, light-hearted energy. We teased each other, our banter easy and effortless, like a soft summer breeze.

I couldn’t help but steal glances at her, my eyes lingering on her face, her hair, and her lips. Every time she giggled, her eyes sparkling with mirth, my heart melted a little more. The servants noticed the change in me, exchanging knowing smiles as they saw the joy Mayura had brought into my life. It was evident that the queen had brought happiness to their king, and they were grateful for it.

As we finished our meal, I reached out and brushed my fingers against Mayura’s. A jolt of electricity shot through me, my heart racing with excitement. I locked eyes with her, my gaze burning with intensity.

When Mayura turned to leave, I tightened my grip on her hand, our fingers intertwining. "Hey, where do you think you're going?" I asked, my voice playful.

Mayura laughed, trying to pull her hand free. "Abhimaan, I'm just going to my car. I can drive myself today " .

I shook my head, my grin mischievous. "Oh, no. I'm dropping you off today. You're not going anywhere without me."

She rolled her eyes, her cheeks flushing. "Abhimaan, you're the abhimaan Shekhawat. You can't just drop me off like a normal person. People will notice!"

"So what if they do?" I countered, my grin widening. "I'm 'the' Abhimaan, and I can do what I want. Besides, I want to spend more time with you."

Mayura tried to reason with me. "But think about the security and protocol...it's not worth the risk."

I tightened my grip on her hand, my expression firm. "I'm not listening, Mayura. You're my wife, and I’ll do what makes me happy. And right now, that’s dropping you off at your destination."

Her laughter was like music to my ears. "You’re impossible, Abhimaan!"

"That’s the way I like it," I said, my eyes sparkling with amusement. "Now, let’s go."

As I drove to the college entrance, my eyes stayed fixed on Mayura’s face. When she reached for the door handle, I couldn’t resist teasing her. "Hey, are you not forgetting something?"

Mayura turned back, raising an eyebrow. "I think I’ve got everything I need!"

I grinned, my voice dropping to a teasing whisper. "No goodbye kiss?"

Her cheeks flushed pink, and she laughed. "Abhimaan, we’re in public!"

I leaned closer, my eyes twinkling with mischief. "So what? and I can kiss my wife whenever I want."

Mayura rolled her eyes playfully. "Mr.shekhawat!!! "

Instead of a full-on kiss, she leaned over and pecked me on the cheek. Her lips brushed against my skin, and I closed my eyes, savoring the gentle touch.

"Thank you, Jaana," I whispered, my voice filled with affection.

Her blush deepened as she quickly exited the car, her heart racing with excitement. As she walked away, I followed her with my gaze, a soft smile on my face.

"Have a great day, Jaana," I called out to her.

Mayura turned back, her eyes sparkling with mischief, and blew me a quick kiss before disappearing into the crowd. My smile widened, my heart brimming with joy and love for her.

as I sped off towards my company, my mind racing with thoughts of the black box and the unknown threat to Mayura.

“No one touches my Jaana,” I growled, my voice low and menacing. “No one takes what’s mine.”

My eyes blazed with a fierce resolve as I drove. The power and dominance I radiated seemed to seep into the very air around me, a dark halo of authority that cut through the city streets with deadly intent.

When I arrived at the office, my presence commanded attention. I slammed my fist on the desk, making the wood tremble beneath my hand, and threw the black box in front of me.

"bring that bastard to me," I commanded, my voice dripping with menace.

My assistant, Raj, nodded hastily, visibly trembling. "Y-yes, boss. Right away."

I narrowed my gaze, my tone unyielding. "I want results . the man—alive, Rajeev. Do you understand?"

Raj swallowed hard. "Y-yes, boss. I’ll mobilize the best team."

“I don’t pay you to nod and tremble,” I snapped. “I pay you to get results. Now go!”

Rajeev scurried out of the room, his fear palpable. I glanced at a small, framed picture on my desk—Mayura’s smiling face, her eyes sparkling with happiness. I had taken the picture secretly, capturing her smiles as she prepared that morning.

As I traced the edges of her face with my fingers, my heart swelled with pride and possessiveness. She was mine, and I would do whatever it took to keep her safe.

“I’ll keep you safe, Jaana,” I whispered, my voice full of conviction. “No one will ever hurt you again.”

With renewed determination, I slammed the frame back onto the desk and turned to face the city skyline. My power and authority resonated through the streets, a thunderous echo of my resolve to protect my Wife.

The city trembled under my command . My men moved swiftly, driven by a mix of fear and admiration. I was the Abhimaan deep Shekhawat , and I would stop at nothing to uncover the truth and protect Mayura.