The new Neighbors

Max p.o.v

I was driving as Caleb was tapping his drumsticks on the dashboard "why didn't we just have the movers put a trailer on the back?" Caleb ask as we sit through traffic "I don't want them messing up my baby" I say as I watch people walk past the cars "you really gotta stop calling this car that, that why you don't have a girlfriend yet" I  glanced at Caleb, feeling a mix of annoyance and affection. "She's not just a car. She's a classic. And besides, who needs a girlfriend when I've got this beauty?" I patted my steering wheel lovingly. Caleb shot a playful smirk, raising an eyebrow. "Dude, you're seriously weirdly obsessed with this car. I mean, you practically live in the garage tinkering with old engines. You'd think you'd be tired of it by now." I chuckled, shrugging off Caleb's comment. "Hey, it's a labor of love. Plus, working on cars is my thing. Can't help it if I have good taste."Caleb shook his head, still tapping his drumsticks on the dashboard. "Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, man. Just don't be surprised if you end up marrying this car instead of a real person." I roll my eyes at that last comment before the flow of traffic starts moving again.

We finally made it to the Apartment with the moving truck behind us, I park my baby in the lot "Alright, I'm go get the keys from the landlord. We're on the third floor it's 108" Caleb says as he walks off putting his drumsticks in his back pocket "Got it," I reply, stretching my arms after the long drive. "I'll start unloading the truck. Meet you up there in a bit." With that, I head towards the back of the truck where I meet up with Axel "thanks again man for the help" I say as he opens up the back of the truck "Yeah its no problem man, it sucks you guys are moving out all this way" he comments as I start grabbing boxes "Hey at least it's better jobs for us, plus Caleb seems excited to find some girls who won't dump food on him" I joke as Caleb walks up "oh ha ha, very funny you ass" Axel chuckles as he passes a box to me. "Well, I'm just glad I could lend a hand. And hey, Caleb, I'm sure you'll find someone who appreciates your drumming skills more than your ex did." Caleb grins, shaking his head. "Thanks, man. I sure hope so." He grabs a few boxes walking off "thank God this place has a elevator" I say as I follow behind Caleb, I soon noticed that some older ladies were eyeing us as we made our way towards the elevator. "Looks like we're already making an impression," I whisper to Caleb, nudging him playfully. He chuckles, adjusting the box in his arms. "Yeah, seems like it. Maybe we'll have some friendly neighbors." We exchange nods and smiles with the ladies as we step into the elevator. As the doors close "I noticed the other residents are pretty old here, I don't know if anyone is actually around our age" Caleb comments as we wait for the elevator to go up "hm, well we won't have to worry about them complaining about the noises" he laughs at that as the elevator doors open to our floor We step out onto the floor, greeted by the soft hum of hallway lights. "True," he chuckles, "but it might get lonely if we're the only young ones around." Caleb nods in agreement, his expression thoughtful. "Guess we'll have to make our own fun," he says with a grin, and we head down the corridor.

Alize p.o.v

"Alright my little sunflowers, that's it for today, go grab your bags and just sit down while waiting for your parents" I say to the little kids as they run in their dancing uniforms to their bags "Miss Hawksley?" Jackson says tugging on my leggings"Yes sweetie" "mommy says these are for you" with that the little boy pulls out some flowers form his bag, and I smile "oh how sweet, thank you hun" he gets a little red before running off to the others. I smile as I hear my phone go off seeing Jasper's name pop up "Hey Jas what's up?" I say as I wave to one of my students and her parent "Hey, I was wondering what time you're heading home" I sigh and wave to a student and their parent as they walk by "once class is done I gotta pick up Ollie from daycare" they hum "okay then I'll just go pick up something for tonight then we'll grab groceries soon" "Yeah that sounds good, also pick something up for Ollie" they chuckle "what kind of Pibling would I be if I didn't take care of my favorite Nephew" I laugh at my friends words "Alright, Jas, sounds like a plan. Make sure it's something Ollie won't refuse to eat this time," I tease, remembering the last time Jasper brought home something Ollie turned his nose up at. "Hey, it's not my fault he's a picky eater," Jasper defends themselves with a laugh. "Sure, blame it on the kid," I chuckle. "Alright, see you at home then." With that, I tuck my phone away and turn my attention back to the children, making sure they're all settled before their parents get here,