Outcasted

"Please.....don't hurt us...." Shino mumbled, her bright red puffy eyes and tear-stained face staring at the figure that was slowly approaching her, while holding onto the slowly dying body of the one person who's been family for her for almost her entire life, the one person she loved, the one person she refused to lose.

From the day I was born, I was different....

Not by personality...

But by my looks...

Blue hair, where two cat ears lay on my head, while a blue tail swayed back and forth behind me.

I've had these unique features since the day I was born...I eventually learned that I was a Cait Sith...and because I was different from everyone else, I was outcasted...

I was alone, only at the age of five or six...I can't remember...

Of course, the moment you're outcasted....life would be rough at that point from now on...

That was.....until I met him...

Kazuto....

Just like me....he was outcasted....at first, I didn't know why....he looked completely like a normal human being...until I saw his ears...they were pointier than a human's ear...

I would then learn that he was a Spriggan...

From that day forward...

We were on our own...

Kazuto had taken me into a cave he's lived in for about a year since he was abandoned...

We did everything we could to survive... especially at our young ages...

Eventually, when we got older, we were able to start hunting animals for food...

It didn't start well, of course, we had just started learning to wield weapons...on our own, with nobody to teach us how to properly wield what weapons we had found that were abandoned by previous adventurers or knights...

The best we had killed were Ragout Rabbits....when we caught them of course...

Of course, with any practice we did, we got better.

Living on our own wasn't the most difficult part of being an outcast...

Other than adventurers hunting us down, chasing us out of our original cave, or any future homes we've made...

There was also the Brutes...

Towering, vicious monsters that were a serious threat to everyone...even to those from kingdoms far away...

It didn't help at all when the beasts lived in most of the caves we tried to hide and live in...but even then, we were able to escape unharmed...

Until today...

Unfortunately for us, after having finished yet another day of hunting....we had run into a Brute...

I don't know how we were able to take it down....but we did it....of course....god must have had something against us outcasts...

Kazuto was gravely injured during the battle...Life-threatening injured...

I can't lose him...

He's been the only family I've had...

I love him...

"Don't worry...I'm not going to hurt you..." the figure said, her face now visible.

" the figure said, her face now visible

"I'm here to help you guys...."