Chapter 1

My mother that adopted me would always say I reminded her of a lotus flower in water.

I cannot say shes wrong because my favorite flower is lotus flowers, they just look so carefree in the water...

I turned 20 five months ago, I'm now working on finishing my studies in a university.

I'm learning about arts and modeling, currently my professors suggested that i do more research and get more experience in modeling because they see my potential in the field.

"Ivy here are the notes that i took for you while you were sleeping in class." Leah my best friend says coming up behind me on campus.

"Oh Leah what would i do without you!" I say smiling and hugging her.

Leah giggles and pats my back as she puts the notebook inside my bag.

"Hey Ivy theres a college party happening 3 blocks away from our school wanna go with me?" Leah brings up parties all the time, shes never tired of partying.

I nod at Leah and we smile.

"Whos hosting it?" I asked curious.

Leah turns her voice low and coms closer to my ear.

"You know Olivia Martin? Shes hosting it at her huge dorm!" Leah says excitedly.

Everyone knows the one and only Olivia Martin, shes very popular but shes not snobby like most.

Shes a sweet girl whos only a year older than me so shes 21 years old.

Rumor has it her older stepbrother is coming to visit her in college and every girl is hyped after hearing that, They say Olivia is his stepsister.

They say her older stepbrother is some type of photographer and hes famous too!

But i dont really remember his name to be honest...

"No way Olivia is so nice to us we have to go than!" I say gigging

Leah claps her hands because shes so excited!

"But we have to pick some cute dresses out to wear tonight." I say looking at my freshly done nails.

"Im digging ur nails very much Ivy they're adorbs!" I blush from her complement and show her my hand more.

My nails.

"I really like the flower design they did babes!" Leah holds my hand spectating it

"Yeah dad sent 7k to my bank account and said to take care of myself." I shrug smiling.

Leah nods smiling "rich life be like" she snorts at me.

I laugh and playfully hit her as we both walk off to our dorms.

Forgot to mention but Leah is also my dorm roommate, thats how we first met.

"Hey Ivy wanna take a shower and than find some dresses to wear?" Leah yells from our dorm kitchen while im watching TV.