Chapter 1- Home

Today was a Friday, I was coming home from my job to come see my beautiful wife, and my son. My son is my pride and joy, my flesh and blood. My son is what I live for, always. For the past 10 years I have had the best life possible.

I've also had a great job, with good pay and friendly coworkers. My wife and I are also thinking of having another child. My wife has decided to stay at home since I have a strong and stable job, and so she can take care of our kid more.

I soon reached my home, I'm immediately greeted by my 5 year old son, he's a sweet kid, never lies to anybody. I hug my son and give him a tight hug. "How was your day Jacob? Did you make any new friends at school?" "Yeah Dad! I made a lot of friends!"
Today was my son's first week of school, kindergarten too.

We had a nice lamp in the bedroom, a fancy one at that. It's light was warm and inviting. Plus, it was a gift from my wife Rachel's grand parents, who are miraculously still holding on strong, they're healthy for their age.

Me and my wife begin watching a movie. Our son is asleep and we are watching an old classic. Johnny Got His Gun, a movie made in 1971. Johnny Got His Gun truly has a horrifying concept. About a man in the Vietnam War who stepped on a landmine, lost his legs and arms. Plus, he lost his seeing and hearing, and speaking.

We finish the movie and go to sleep. That night I had a strange gut feeling, not that feeling someone's watching you, nor the feeling that there's something at the corner of your eye. But a very certain feeling, a strange one. Like something was off. Like there was something different.

It was a subtle feeling, but it was there. Something was wrong. I began to look at the lamp for comfort. It worked and I went to sleep. I wasn't Prepared for what was to come.