11

" Yes, Father. I'm guilty. Is that what you want to hear?"

" You admit you poisoned the king?"

" No, of that I'm innocent. I'm guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I am guilty of being a dwarf."

" You are not on trial for being a dwarf."

" Oh, yes, I am. I've been on trial for that my entire life."

" Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

" Nothing but this... I did not do it. I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish that I had. Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than 1,000 lying whores. I wish I was the monster you think I am. I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you. I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it. I will not give my life for Joffrey's murder. And I know I'll get no justice here. So I will let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat."

The words of Tyrion Lannister shock and surprise the realm. The Great Hall all but encourages the dwarf in his quest to clear his name.

Oberyn Martell sits in his chair, remaining quiet as he sees an opportunity.

Yasmin Dayne appears to be lost in thought as she sees an opportunity as well, though a different one than her husband.

And that very night, as husband and wife lay in each other's arms, limbs tangled and bodies bare, the seed of a plan is planted in both of their minds.

" You are going to fight for Tyrion, aren't you?" Yasmin ponders.

" The thought has crossed my mind," Oberyn admits," There are whispers of whom Cersei's champion will be."

" The Mountain," She states.

" The Mountain," He affirms.

" How poetic," Yasmin mumbles, her fingers dancing delicately across his skin.

" Have you heard of the Targaryen girl in the East?" The husband asks," Hair of pale milk, skin untouched by fire, and dragons in her clutch?"

" Rumors and such," The wife sighs," She will never sit the Throne."

" Not as long as the Lannisters still hold breath in their lungs."

His words pique an interest in Yasmin's mind," Such talk would be considered treason."

" Indeed," Oberyn nods," But the Throne was stolen by acts of treason... one could say that returning it to the rightful heir would balance the scales."

" All of them would need to be gone," Yasmin states," Tommen, Myrcella, Jamie, Cersei, Tywin... and Tyrion."

" We do not kill children, Yasmin."

" We may not have a choice, Oberyn."

The following night is when Oberyn goes down into the depths of the dungeons with nothing more than a lit torch, and he tells the imp that he will be his champion.

The day comes upon King's Landing with much anticipation, the day that Gregor and Oberyn Martell will dual to decide the fate of Tyrion Lannister.

The Mountain and the Viper.

The bells toll as Oberyn sips his wine, his armor clinging to his skin as Yasmin and Ellaria stand on the side underneath a tent. He shares a kiss with his wife, pulling back to gaze into her purple eyes with a knowing glance before he turns to face the man responsible for the worst pain of his life.

" Have they told you who I am?"

" Some dead man."

" I am the brother of Elia Martell. And do you know why I have come all the way to this stinking shitpile of a city? For you. I'm going to hear you confess before you die. You raped my sister. You murdered her. You killed her children. Say it now, and we can make this quick."