-16- Revenge

"Are you really sure that this is necessary?" I heard the voice of a young man ask. "Liu..." the calm voice of a woman appeared shortly afterwards, "I don't want to do this either but it's our only opton." Heavy steps moved away from me. "Remember to not hurt her, she has nothing to do with this" the man remarked before he seemed to open a door. "I don't want innocent people to be dragged in." The woman gave a soft giggle and then assured him that I would be fine. Afterwards the door was closed again and the room became silent.

After a while I heard a clacking noise coming towards me. " She has nothing to do with this. As if!" Then the cloth that had blocked my vision was pulled off my head. Confused and scared at the same time , I looked at the woman who was now standing in front of me. The woman was young and very beautiful. She had long, slightly wavy black hair, which went perfectly with the dark brown coat she wore. Her dark eyes and black lips stood out against her pale face. "So you're his newest toy," she said calmly as she looked at me. Still confused, I rolled my eyes, "Who are you and what do you want from me?" I then asked. She giggled again, "Oh darling, who I am is not important." She slowly walked around the chair to which I was tied, "I just need you to finally get my revenge on him."

Suddenly she left my field of vision and for a moment it felt like I was alone in the dark room. I could hear a faint clicking in the darkness. Afterwards, an old light bulb hanging from the ceiling above me flickered a few times before finally coming on and lighting up the room. The room was relatively small and had no windows. The walls were bare and in some places there were rusty pipes running along the walls. Am I in a basement? I asked myself as I continued to look lost around the room. "Don't worry, after he's dead everything will be okay again." I jumped when I heard the voice behind me. "After he's dead? After who's dead?" my voice trembled quietly. The woman stepped in front of me again. My body tensed as I looked at her face again. In place of her face, a white mask stared back at me as I tried to understand what was going on.

"So sweetie, you can either obey me and do what I say, or... I have to resort to unpleasant measures." Her voice sounded just as cold as the expression of the mask she wore. I swallowed the lump in my throat "If you just want revenge, then why do you need me?" She giggled again, "Because you seem important to him." I stayed silent for a moment. The realisation hit me "Y-you want to kill Jeff?" I couldn't see her expression, but something told me she was smiling now. "You're pretty smart," she remarked happily. "W-why?" I asked irritated, "Isn't the answer clear? He's a monster, a murderer." Her tone became serious, "He destroyed my life. He's the reason why I'm standing in front of you like this now." She turned away from me again, "You know, sometimes I wonder what would have been if I hadn't called 911. Would my family still be alive then? Could I have been a completely normal girl with a completely normal life? Why did I have to help?" She sounded like she was holding back tears. "Hey..." my voice sounded hesitantly. "I don't know exactly what happened, but I'm sure you just wanted to do the right thing and tragically sometimes the worst things happen to good people," I tried to cheer her up.

An oppressive silence spread between and. "Believe me, little one, I'm not a good person," her cold voice answered after a while. "I'm fine with anything, as long as I can kill him, do you understand that?" She turned back to me and shortly afterwards pulled a knife out of her coat pocket. "I don't care anymore how many people have to die so that he can finally get his punishment." Without hesitation she pressed the knife to my throat. "Please don't make such a sad face, doesn't it feel great to give up your life for a good cause?" She pressed the knife against my throat so hard that there was a small cut. Warm blood then flowed down my neck. She giggled again and then moved away with the knife. "He probably already knows that you are here and if you are really important to him, then he will show up soon" she took a few steps away from me until she reached the door, which was in front of me.

"And then te two of you can burn together"