And Out Of Nothingness

~~~

Around every corner of Ortus-Tellus there was a dusted over story. Most of them await Myera in unspeaking forms of books and tablets in the town library; adjoined to the southward facing wall of the castle. The castle where lived Alpha Raphael, Luna Rye and their most intimates. Where would also live the Prince of Cen-Nihilis were he in Ortus-Tellus.

But he had long ago sailed away from home to assist in the administration of the pack's territory in Takatifu (and eventually had lost the habit of writing to to old friends.)

Myera found herself past the gates to her house. Today Myera had regained, for as long as it shall be, the strength of her youth. She would ride a horse had they two of them. She would get on a carriage like a lady had they one. She would sit on the back of any cart intending towards the castle, had she not loved the feeling of her steps on the soil of Ortus-Tellus.

The South-Blood Library, as went by the common tongue, was a tall establishment. It was the first building of Ortus-Tellus. It is where the whole pack lived in at first before a village was built. When the town and castle were finally established, it transformed itself into a store of history.

Myera entered the library like an animal in its habitat; freely, knowingly. She was looking for someone.

There.

She spotted an old man, back curved like the crescent moon, a staff in his hand, rummaging mindlessly in the silence.

The man turned around upon hearing her footsteps. He fixed his old round spectacles, squinted his eyes and said, "is that Vid's girl there?"

"Yes, Sir. How have you been?"

"As frisky as 142 years of life renders."

"That is good to hear, Sir," replied the girl as she got close.

The place smelled like it had captured the death and resurrection of time. Were Myera to stand still and hold her breath, the Mayaeld would stop turning; she could be a farmer's lad who was in love with the foreign princess, or her pet parrot, or just a falling tail feather, only if she could open the right page. She could be a moment in time, she could be someone gone or to come, whatever this place could lure her into.

No one was allowed to converse within the premises of the Library. Other than Sir Uunur, the librarian himself and the one(s) he spoke to.

"You were looking for the 100th Alpha's autobiography."

"Yes, Sir. Did you find it?" Asked Myera.

"Of course I did. This is my library, isn't it?"

Myera was pleased. Even a little excited. Oh, to be a brick in the castle walls! She could witness how the Leaders spent their days, she would listen to stories that weren't meant for her ears and she would just exist without having to suffer in the search of any purpose.

Sir Uunur, without a word, called Myera by a gesture of his hands. She followed him to his grand table. Cluttered with books and papers and tablets, every time Myera looked at it she was amazed. How could so many things be just in the right position, how could dust never settle on any of them? It was beauty in the simplest.

Sir Uunur picked up a book, its yellow pages hung onto the spine for dear life.

"Here, girl."

He held the book as if it were his own beating heart; gently, responsibly. It wet without saying, he expected no less of any other handler he gave it to.

Myera took it, without disappointing either of them.

"You mustn't take it outside my Library," Sir Uunur said sternly.