always you

age: 22

Stan's pov

  I was sitting on the couch in the house that I lived in with my fiancé Wendy. I love her, but something doesn't really feel right.

"So, what do you think?" Wendy walked up to me, showing me her outfit.

It was the night of our bachelor and bachelorette parties. She was going out and doing whatever with her friends and my friends and I were just gonna hang out at my house.

"You look beautiful," I smiled at her, "have fun tonight."

"You too Stan!" Wendy smiled, kissing me goodbye before leaving.

Kyle's pov

I had just arrived at Stan's house for his bachelor party, and I have no idea why I'm here. Should I really be taking part in celebrating the man I love getting married to someone else?

  But Stan wanted me here, and it would be weird if i didn't show up, so I'm here.

  "Who do you think will get married next?" Kenny asked everybody.

  "Definitely Tweek and Craig." Clyde said, making Tweek and Craig blush.

  "Woah," Craig nervously laughed, "what about Tolkien? He and Nichole have been together just as long."

"The only marriage we need to worry about right now is Stan's," Tolkien started, "and we're all happy for you dude."

While everyone was talking, I took this moment to go out back and hoped nobody noticed I left.

Stan's pov

All my friends were being idiots and getting drunk, when I noticed that Kyle was missing. Where'd he go?

I looked outside and noticed his car was still there and figured since he wasn't in the front yard, maybe he's in the backyard.

I went out there, and could see him sitting in one of the lawn chairs, crying to himself. I don't think he noticed me until I walked up to him.

"Oh..hey Stan." He quickly wiped his eyes before facing me.

"Dude, what's wrong?" I asked him, sitting in the chair next to him, "You okay?"

"Yeah...I'm fine.." Kyle just looked down at the ground.

"You can tell me anything dude." I told him.

"Don't worry about it." He continued to look down.

"Kyle, we've been best friends forever," I started, "I want to know if I can help."

Kyle's pov

He just won't give up will he?

"You really wanna know what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Yes, I do." Stan answered.

"I don't know, maybe it's because the person I love more than anything is getting married to someone else and I can't just sit here and pretend I'm happy for him anymore!"

I quickly got up to leave, but Stan got up as well, grabbing my arm.

"Let go." I said to him.

"Kyle...you're still in love with me?" He asked.

"I've been in love with you since before we even got together!" I tried to hold back my tears, "And even five years later I'm still in love with you and I never stopped feeling that way!"

"I don't understand...you're the one that broke up with me." Stan reminded me.

"Do you really not remember? Or did just not really love me?" I asked harshly.

"Kyle, what are you talking about?" He asked.

I just sighed, "My parents made me break up with you cause they couldn't stand the fact that their son was gay. They said they would disown me, and not pay for my college or help me with anything and you told me that you'd wait for me! You told me that after college, I'd could move in with you and we could be together, but I guess that was all just lies! Just a month after we ended things, you go back to Wendy? You never cared about me!"

  "Kyle..."

  "I won't make it to the wedding," I turned away from him, "you two have a great life together."

  I started walking away from Stan, when he grabbed my arm, spun me around, and pulled me into a kiss.

I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help but enjoy it, kissing him back passionately.

"How could I forget...." Stan sighed, "I was just so heartbroken not being with you...Wendy was just there to fill the void..."

"If that's true, why are you marrying her?" I asked him.

"She and everyone else just kept asking and asking when we're getting married...I just fet kinda pressured.." He told me.

"Just as dumb as you've always been," I rolled my eyes, "but....why didn't you wait for me?"

"I thought you were over me," Stan began, "I thought if I went back to you, you'd reject me...and that would break my heart more."

"What makes you think I'd be over you?" I questioned.

"You seemed fine," he shrugged, "my heart was shattered and just remained unchanged."

"That's called acting dumbass," I scoffed, "I never stopped hurting, I just wouldn't let it show."

"Kyle...I still love you too."

"And how do I know that's true?" I scoffed.

"I'm leaving my fiancé for you."

"W-what?" I asked, shocked.

"You're the only one I've ever wanted to be with." Stan held the side of my face, "I thought I loved Wendy, but I don't think Wendy ever loved me. either."

"What tells you that?" I asked him.

"I think she just doesn't wanna be alone.." Stan sighed, "and since her dad lost all their money, that's when she started asking about marriage."

"You're serious?" I asked him.

Stan grabbed my hand, "Let's leave, right now!"

"Like...run off together?" I was still shocked.

"Yes, lets go!" Stan pleaded, "I'll explain everything to Wendy and everybody else later, but right now, I just want to be with you."

This was all so much to take in, but I just wanted to be with Stan too.

"Fuck it, let's go."