01

it was 5:00 in the morning and the neighbourhood was filled with a misty fog blanket, accompanied with a certain chill in the air that seeped through your skin with frosty breaths escaping your lips, marking that winter seemed to be settling in miyagi prefecture.

"better open up the shop now"you mumbling to yourself as you unlatched the store.

'who even wakes up this early to shop anyways' you thought to yourself while you set about organising the store.

it was a painfully quite morning but that did not seem to last for long.

"geez hinata where do you get that kind of energy this early morning?" 

you heard two people bickering as they entered the store, making it seem as if they had heard your question telepathically and had come to answer it, quite practically.

"gimme a break you two"

you heard a third party interrupting the two who wouldn't stop bickering.

"hello is anyone here"

you heard one of them call out for you.

"yes there is!" you exclaimed from where you were and approached towards the entry where they had been.

"how can I help-"

"l/n?"

"tsukishima?"

you and one of the male present among them said in shock upon the funny turn of events.

"you two know each other?" the orange haired questioned as he pointed at the two of you.

"she's in the same section as me" tsukishima clarified.

"that means we're all first years. . . then how comes I've never met you?" the orange head exclaimed in confusion.

"I'm not really that social" you responded back.

however, on taking a proper look at the two other males, besides tsukishima you instantly recognised who they were.

the crazy first year volleyball duo.

"hinata shoyo and tobio kageyama am I right?" you asked as you pointed at them guessing their names.

"woah you're right how do you know us?" hinata innocently questioned.

"we're all in the same class!" both tsukishima and kageyama shouted, annoyed from their friends dumb remarks and questions.

"it's not just that but you're all kind of a household name among us first years, especially after making it to the nationals" you further added.

"woah we're famous?!"

both hinata and kageyama questioned in unison.

"she didn't say famous, she just said they knew you two cause of the volleyball team" tsukishima cheekily clarified for his two friends.

"geez tsukishima I would say that too if people didn't talk about me" kageyama replied with a rather eerie smile.

"that's right!!" hinata added.

these remarks seemed to be an eruption of some further grilling between the three friends and it was getting annoying, after all who even wants to face this kind of situation EARLY MORNING!

"if you're not going to shop and just bicker around kindly get out" you finally spoke up with an irked yet smiling face.

"ye-YES sorry for the trouble" the three of them said in unison as they headed to their desired isles to shop.

"that will be 1000yen in total" you informed them about their total.

"l/n do you work here every morning?"tsukishima questioned you with reluctance clearly showing in his face, but you were guessing he did so because of the behaviour of his other two friends which looked like the reason behind his question.

"it's owned by my parents so i help out in the morning sometimes like whenever i can" you responded back with a smile, hoping tsukishima felt that you were not uncomfortable with his question, after all he seemed like the kind of person to who was not interested in someone else business or life.

"oh i see. . . well then see you at school  l/n"

"sure see you there" you replied waving them a good bye as they gestured back the same.

the three of them were now gone leaving you all alone in the store again, however you heard the door chime again and much to your surprise it happened to be hinata.

"uhm I'm sorry but I don't think you introduced yourself to me!" he expressed with enthusiasm.

"huh?"

"I meant your name!"

"oh- I'm l/n y/n" you then introduced yourself.

"nice to meet you l/n! let's be friends here on out!" hinata exclaimed again grinning ear to ear.

"i'd be glad to" you responded back smiling at him.

making the orange head blush.

"see you in school then" he said as he yeeted out of the store.

'his smile is infectious and cute' you thought to yourself as he left and also happy about your new found friend.

A/N: yuh- same thought what did I just read?
anyways pls do vote for the chapter it's surprisingly very encouraging to write more😭😭

anyways I hope you're doing well<3 take care and stay safe!